Lead-Laced Drinking Glasses Spur Federal Probe

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Federal regulators have launched an investigation into drinking glasses that lab testing shows have toxic levels of lead and cadmium in their colored decorations.

Testing commissioned by The Associated Press revealed that the glasses had lead up to 1,000 times the federal limit for lead in children's products. The glasses depicted comic book and movie characters such as Superman, Wonder Woman and the Tin Man from "The Wizard of Oz."

A spokesman for the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Monday that the agency considers the glasses to be children's products and is currently getting samples for its own testing.

The manufacturer told AP that the glasses passed testing and are targeted to adult collectors.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/ … 7828.shtml

1. Glenn Raymond profile image59
      Glenn Raymondposted 5 years ago in reply to this

This is a great topic.  Thank you for posting this here.  I heard about this on the news this morning.  I cannot believe how many problems we are having in this area.  It is just crazy, and one thing after another. 

As a potter, I make my own glazes and I make certain that everything I use is safe.  Why can't people just do what is right?  Well, thank you again.  Have a wonderful Black Friday.