jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)

1. 61
    christine5posted 5 years ago

why do we still love our love one's,even they hurt us?

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

it's called differently - not love.

1. 0
        kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile  smile  smile  smile  smile

2. 60
        arindam sikdarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

2. Otto23 profile image60
      Otto23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

At this point, it's not love. We are seeking their attention, and when they give it to us we feel fulfilled temporarily.

Every situation is different and every person has their own way of accepting love and showing it.

3. pennyofheaven profile image82
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because true love is unconditional

1. Dale Michaels profile image61
        Dale Michaelsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@pennyof heaven

I'm sorry, but true love is not "unconditional" as you state. This is a cop out of an answer to the question of love.

Love is conditional, and it should be. We do not love evil or those who willfully perpetrate evil against their fellow man. Make no mistake, there are people who willfully perpetrate evil against others.

If your six-year-old was willfully sexually abused by an unrepentatnt pedophile, would you really love that person?

I highly doubt it.

4. 0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only the person can answer that!

5. 60
      arindam sikdarposted 5 years ago in reply to this

6. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image60
      DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 5 years ago in reply to this

all of life is made from light-all light waves have two sides equally complimentary balanced instantaneously. thus, to "perceive" being hurt, is to only look at something two-sided as one-sided. it is both positive/negative balanced instantly. another view big picture-go to scripture that suggests God is love, God is light. everything is light. our whole universe is made of "frozen light" at the level of quantum physics. you in essence are light perceiving light.

7. illeagle profile image60
      illeagleposted 5 years ago in reply to this

True love only comes from the source that created love. What people have come to perceive as love is nothing more than attention/approval seeking behavior based on a false sense of inadequacy.

A person can only be 'hurt' by something they already believe about themselves. If I called you every name there is, you would only be 'hurt' by the ones that you already identify with.

Your 'hurt' is only within you. It is you hurting yourself.

8. Ashantina profile image60
      Ashantinaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because love is (just) a feeling. Not being cynical but I've come to realise that it just is. It is ALL about how that person makes you FEEL. Whether that person makes you feel high or low, they make you 'feel' sumthin'... And it is this feeling that you are in love with.
      Not the person.

2. charkamman profile image60
    charkammanposted 5 years ago

I don't know.. I love someone who doesn't love me anymore, and I cannot help but loving him still - and secretly hoping that one day he will find the spark back.
    It feels like love, maybe it isn't, who knows...
    What does help me: I realised that wallowing in self-pity and whining and complaining and being a victim didn't do anything to bring him back - so the only thing I can do is be happy and my own radiant self, like the me he fell in love with 4 years ago. And then just hope that he'll notice and realise what he has thrown away.
    Hope this helps.

3. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 5 years ago

I am not sure this is love.  I think that love is foremost an act of love towards ourselves. So a love that makes us suffer is not love. It is not true love. Maybe we need to suffer? And if so, why? Maybe we want a revenge? And if so, why?
    In our hearts we all have questions and we have all the answers

4. 0
    SirDentposted 5 years ago

Love is patient and kind.  It waits and loves even when it is not loved back.

1. pennyofheaven profile image82
      pennyofheavenposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I like that thanks

5. Joy56 profile image60
    Joy56posted 5 years ago

this is a very good question.  We could debate forever upon it, but i wonder do we really know the answer to it.

6. smelloftruth profile image60
    smelloftruthposted 5 years ago

You cannot simply remove the part of your past with your present undertakings. It may but it will takes time to heal.