jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Rethinking Soybean as a food...

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 5 years ago

this article provides research links for Mercola's information...

I know at mid life, I have had to learn to change my dietary habits, soy was one of them...this article explains what my body has been telling me as to why I had to stop eating soy as much or now maybe not at all...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic … rized.aspx

1. kerryg profile image88
      kerrygposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I don't think soy is inherently bad unless you're allergic, but it's kind of like high fructose corn syrup - it's in everything nowadays, so people get much more than they should without even realizing it, and also get it in more concentrated forms than the traditional fermented varieties like soy sauce and miso. It makes healthy moderation very difficult unless you stop eating processed foods, which of course people should, but we've had several generations now raised on convenience foods - a lot of people don't even know how to do anything more complicated than reheating anymore.

2. Gypsy Willow profile image79
    Gypsy Willowposted 5 years ago

Dr Mercola  slams soy in his newsletter today unless its fermented.  HF corn syrup is difficult to eradicate. Try buying Jam, jelly or marmalade without it!

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 5 years ago

I don't seem to have a problem eating soy but I cannot drink soy milk at all.

4. 60
    snoweposted 5 years ago

i don't think at all that soy is the best habitual food at all.
    You better stop it now until it really have a side effect in your health..
    Thanks for the information..

5. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image61
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 5 years ago

has to be organic fermented soy beans as stated above. Mercola's research is bang on about 90+% of the time. Dr. Mike

6. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 5 years ago

You mean soy is a human food? yikes