jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

winter weight

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

Most people gain some weight in the colder winter climates but I have already gained it...and it's not winter yet!
    anyone else stuck in the house in frigid temps eating ?

1. okmom23 profile image77
      okmom23posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Stacie L- I wish there was a majic solution I could suggest!  This year I set my weight goal and reached it in October. There was no way I was going to let myself gain it back once the weather changed. Eating smaller portions at meals, drinking six to eight glasses of water daily, staying away from too much sugar, and doing yoga has worked for me. A "Buddy System" online has been helpful when I become bored and think I am hungry. Redirecting myself to one of my hobbies also helps. The best advice I got was to keep track of my daily intake of calories and fat grams.
      I wish you the best!

Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you seem to have more will power...wink

2. Princessa profile image87
      Princessaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I try to fill my fridge and cupboards with healthy non-fattening goodies. 

During winter I do much less exercise (no cycling, no walking) and spend more time either at home or socializing -which means eating and drinking more than usual.  To try to control weight gain, I snack on low fat yogurts, oats (porridge and biscuits) I make my own hot chocolate with unsweetened chocolate, edulcorants and maizena to give texture. 

For lunches I try to eat filling things, lots of vegetables (roasted or microwaved) and proteins.  I try as much as possible to keep away from white breads, rich cakes, pasta and processed foods. 

Bref, I try to control what I eat at home so I can "splash out" when I am out with friends.

Stacie Lposted 5 years ago in reply to this

doesn't anyone in the northern hemisphere deal with the decreased effects of less sunshine ann colder weather referred in the SAD ?
        seasonal affective disorder?
        i crave carbs and sugars alot more...I know fruits and veggies are good but cant stand the thought of eating a cold lettuce leaf when its so cold out smile

2. 61
    prolaunchnposted 5 years ago

Almost!It has been found that our weight increase in winter season.But we tell you about one of the latest weight lose method which is available with coffee.Do you know about it.
    http://www.wellnessstarts.com/south-bea … eview.html

3. 61
    Leanspaposted 5 years ago

If you want to lose weight then it is very important that you know what makes this lean spa product click. It helps to know that this health and fitness product has been clinically tested to help remove body fat. Many prospective consumers will be happy to know this product utilizes natural ingredients and that these ingredients are clinical strength.
    http://www.wellnessstarts.com/leanspa-w … eview.html

4. rotl profile image59
    rotlposted 5 years ago

Gosh, who doesn't gain weight during the holiday season! Everyone I know, myself included, has gained a bunch of weight.That's what New Year's resolutions are for, right?  smile

5. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

The winter has been brutal, I was getting up at 6 in the morning to run during the summer and most of the fall, but since it's gotten cold, I've been out of my element

6. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I've got two floats around my stomach that are embarassing!!! Girl, I've been eating nonstop and I'm in South Florida... 78degrees! So, it's not the cold weather... I think it's the Holidays!!! I'm starting the gym today! hmm