What is the best foods rich in protein ?

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (40 posts)
  1. Glemoh101 profile image53
    Glemoh101posted 13 years ago

What is the most foods rich in protein ?

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, off the top of my head, without actually checking my books, I'd say meat, eggs, legumes, seaweed, fish, broccoli.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
        Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

beans, nuts,fish

2. Axel38 profile image61
      Axel38posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. rcrm89 profile image64
        rcrm89posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Lean meats, fish and poultry, eggs, dairy, quinoa (all complete sources of protein - all 8 essential amino acids contained)

Beans, lentils, legumes, nuts, seeds (all incomplete sources of protein - not all 8 essential amino acids contained)

I've written a hub about good protein sources...

2. Miss Lil' Atlanta profile image80
        Miss Lil' Atlantaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The absolute highest foods in protein per 100 calories include first egg whites, then shrimp and other fish, and certain types of chicken breast.

3. qwark profile image60
        qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Alot of foods are "rich" in proteins.
        You want to make sure you are consuming foods that have protein containing the 8 essential ammino acids i.e.animal proteins and soy.
        You want to make sure you are ingesting easily assimilated protein.
        As a powerlifter and personal trainer for almost 40 yrs, I'd suggest eggs and dry powdered milk (whey.)
        Stay away from beef.
        Eat chicken, fish, beans and rice...etc.
        Go to Google for foods rich in protein and combinations of vegetable proteins that when combined create "complete" protein.
        Qwark

3. Jaggedfrost profile image60
      Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

nuts anyone?  Best in who's eyes and under what conditions?

Glemoh101posted 13 years agoin reply to this

For general health

4. Flightkeeper profile image66
      Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Meat and cheese

5. lrohner profile image68
      lrohnerposted 13 years ago

Um, didn't you just write a whole hub about this? This wouldn't be a thinly veiled attempt to sucker some of us into reading it, is it? smile

No , don't miss-understand me , i just want to learn more and i think this is forum of diet and weight loss !

2. IzzyM profile image87
        IzzyMposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He doesn't know anything about diets, all his work is plagiarised off the net.

6. SharkAl profile image59
      SharkAlposted 13 years ago

Turkey is the BEST food for protein. It is 83% protein and 17% fat. It is also the leanest meat (with the exception of fish).

Fish is also massively high in protein with very low fat content - also very high in Omega 3 fats.

Turkey is my favorite meal ,thanks

7. Scorpiongod profile image61
      Scorpiongodposted 13 years ago

Hey Soyameat, eggs are another protein rich foods

8. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

guacamole - avocado and broccoli

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

really, that has protein?

1. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

sure avocados are very high in protein.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image64
            ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did not know that! thanks.

1. neelyquinn profile image58
              neelyquinnposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a nutrition therapist.  Actually, avocados are not high in protein.  They're very high in monounsaturated fats, though.  Check out any food at the USDA food database at http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/.  It tells you which nutrients are in which foods.  The best sources of protein are:

(All preferably organic)
              -meat, fish, poultry (especially grass-fed, wild caught, pasture raised)
              -eggs
              -beans (black, pinto, garbanzo, etc.)
              -nuts & seeds

Good luck!

2. prettydarkhorse profile image61
          prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cecilia, yes, Do you get to eat those in NY? like say what veggies do you eat there?

2. Tightwad Gourmand profile image60
        Tightwad Gourmandposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Actually, this is incorrect. Avocado and broccoli, while possessing excellent nutrition, are NOT high in protein.

9. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Many foods are high in protein especially cheese.

It usually depends on what ratio of fat to protein you are looking for. Take meat for example, it is generally equal in volume of protein to fat, where as fruit has little fat and little protein. Fat is defined as softener, so natural oils in foods count as fat bases.

For optimum health: make sure you have an equal healthy dose of protein-fats, else the sugars in food cannot work correctly, the vitamin and minerals will not dissolve in your body, leaving you hungry again and unhealthy.

You need the protein-fat interaction to assist in "burning" the sugar w/ your bodies acids.

Protein and fat allow the process to flow instead of fast burn or no burn at all, while extracting nutrients.

Fiber removes excess product from your system.

Your food tip for today.
      James aka Mr Foodicle.

Thanks for your advices . i try to follow your link but its take long time to load .. one advice for you => try to make your page size below 8- 30 k  this helping in seo

10. PageC profile image60
      PageCposted 13 years ago

Eggs are an excellent source of high-quality protein -- especially from cage-free, organically raised chickens.

Another excellent source is cottage cheese.

For a plant-based source of protein that has all 8 essential amino acids, try quinoa.

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Triple Boom! Awesome!

Eggs are equal fat to protein!
        Any medium wet (curd) cheese/yogurt is too.
        Try Kefir also, yummy stuff.

My only gripe is Quinoa is a pseudo cereal smile

11. writinginalaska profile image81
      writinginalaskaposted 13 years ago

plant based highest source of protein is Buckweat/kasha   i wrote a hub about it too.

Thanks for your great advice , i will try that .

12. Kotori profile image68
      Kotoriposted 13 years ago

Greek yogurt!

13. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 13 years ago

Hard salami smile

14. Jaggedfrost profile image60
      Jaggedfrostposted 13 years ago

people, people are very rich in protein.... oops wrong thread lol.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wrong, some people just nothing but skin, fat and sugary water!

Just eat buckweat. By the way, you don't need a lot of protein if you are not a body builder. Veggies, nuts and fruits are the best. Raw.

15. Kamran100 profile image56
      Kamran100posted 13 years ago

eggs, chicken, fast food, pizza, pasta, milk, fish, beef, all meats provide protein.

1. profile image0
        Home Girlposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Since then fast food provide us with anything but tiredness and sickness?

http://s4.hubimg.com/u/4425603_f248.jpg

16. moneymakingmom profile image59
      moneymakingmomposted 13 years ago

Beans are good!  Any kind of bean, especially when served with rice which helps form a complete amino acid.  If you don't like rice, serve beans with milk which does the same thing.

17. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years ago

Here is a pretty good link about high quality protein.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein … source.htm

Incidentally, avacados are a good source of healthy fats, when eaten in moderation. They are not known to be a good source of protein.

@qwark: I didn't realize you are a fitness and bodybuilding guru. I think that's very admirable. I'm glad to know more bits and pieces about you.

18. katiem2 profile image60
      katiem2posted 13 years ago

Here's one that hasn't been mentioned Bee Pollen

I take this as I'm a vegetarian and need a great source of protein.

It also (among many other things) gives you energy, appetite control and is flat out amazing as a source of protein!

smile

19. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Split Pea Soup.  Many people don't realize that peas contain a good amount of protein.

20. nanetteparker profile image60
      nanetteparkerposted 13 years ago

meat and legumes are very rich in proteins

21. guy1973 profile image55
      guy1973posted 13 years ago

fish has lots of protein, and i eat fish most of the time. in my part of the world where i live a survey was being conducted to see it the level of mercury in fished has a effect in early childhood and it was found that the level of mercury was normal with no side effects and encouraged to eat more sea fish for its great nutritional value. lot of protein

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)