jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Are you lost some one closed to you this last year?

1. Glemoh101 profile image60
    Glemoh101posted 5 years ago

Are you lost some one closed to you this last year?
    And whats your feeling that time ?

1. IzzyM profile image84
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago

Your poor English in the thread just proves that all your work is plagiarised off the net. Come back and speak to us when you learn to write your own content.

2. 2besure profile image81
      2besureposted 5 years ago

I lost my pastor, who lead me to the Lord 35 years ago.  He was a wonderful man who reached out to everyone!  I will miss him, but never forget him.

3. 60
      kowari40posted 5 years ago

I loss both my parents 19 days apart. Dad died exactly one yr ago 20.2.2010, (he was ill for about 2 weeks), mum died 11.3.2010 (so her one year will be in 19 days from today).
      I was very very close to my parents especially my mum, I remember praying and fasting for my dad, when he died I was angry at God because I felt He  had let me down.  I prayed that God should strenghten  my mum to bear the loss (as they were so close and have lived together most of their lives), so I knew it would extremely difficult for my mum to cope. They were devoted Christians. When mum died, I couldnt believe God could do such a thing to me, how could He? How did He think I would be able to cope? I was and still am angry at God, maybe if I didnt believe He could do all things, I wouldnt know any better. God has done so many things in my life and that of my parents, but my faith has really been shaken. I couldnt go to church on my mums birthday which fell on a sunday (which was the first one after her death), couldnt bring myself to. Couldnt go to church for months after my parents died, as I felt so angry. Couldnt go to church today. My little daughter kept on asking why? How do you explain to a 5 year old that you are angry with God? I would really like my faith to be rekindled, I dont like the thoughts that go through my head so times, i feel the only way i could regain my faith is if God did something positive in my life that could only be His doing, I fear God might want to punish me somemore by taking away someone else close to me. As I see my parents loss as a 'punishment'. I know God is real and I guess thats why it hurts so much knowing that He allowed this to happen to me.

1. FaithDream profile image86
        FaithDreamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I'm sorry to hear about your losses Kowari. I lost my mom this past summer. Her birthday is next week. My dad has been gone for years but I know the pain of grief. It was and still is very difficult. 
        The strength I have found in dealing with this is in my faith. I don't understand all the things of this life and I can't tell you why God chooses to take our loved ones. Our thoughts are not His thoughts. Our ways are not His ways.
        I can tell you that I am never ready to say goodbye to those I love. And I don't know how you can even prepare for it.
        What you feel in your anger is normal. Questioning God is ok but I don't believe He did it to punish you.
        I hope you can find the faith in your heart again. As for me, I'm living in that faith everyday. It is what gets me through.

1. 60
          kowari40posted 5 years ago in reply to this

thank you very much, as I read your response, i felt like crying.  I really hope and pray my faith comes back, I believe thats probably only 'healthy' option, have considered 'drugs' and 'alcohol' , but thats too expensive and certainly not beneficial.

4. carolegalassi profile image78
      carolegalassiposted 5 years ago

Yes, I recently lost my grandmother who was very dear to me. It was a sad time since she was a pillar of strength and encouragement for me growing up and even in my adult years.

Her memorial service was a Catholic based ceremony and was a somber event. It is sad to say but it was the first time in a long time, I was gathered together with my cousins (her grandchildren) from my father's side. I created the funeral service programs since that is what I do for a living and I am so glad I did because unlike the casket, which is buried in the ground, the programs are kept forever and treasured. It has been 7 months now since she passed and I still look upon the program fondly with all her photos and obituary information. It is so special to me as I know it was for the rest of my cousins and family.

5. brimancandy profile image83
      brimancandyposted 5 years ago

I haven't lost anyone recently. But, I have lost several friends over the years to disease. 3 of them in one year. They seem healthy as a horse one day, and a few months later you hear that they have passed away. I also learned that one of my ex-partners died in choking accident. It's always very sad.

But, I think the most shocking was the death of my dad. I visited him one day, and wanted to take the family out to dinner, only he didn't want to go because his back hurt. Went out to dinner with the rest of the family, and returned home to say goodbye to dad, and 2 months later he was dead. I never even had the chance to see him when he was sick.

I was getting ready to go visit him in the hospital when my brother called me and told me not to come. Dad was already dead. I was crushed. Like my brother, my dad also had cancer. One reason why I am trying so hard to see that my brother gets all the care he can, otherwise I fear that I will lose him too.