jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 5 years ago

How often do you think about death, and how about the way you don't want to die.I think drowning is the worst as i once escaped from it.

1. Shinkicker profile image89
      Shinkickerposted 5 years ago in reply to this

At my age of 46 it's something unfortunately that comes to mind more often. I don't want to die lying in a hospital bed for days wasting away but I guess that's a real likelihood for many folk. But I got more things I want to do and places to see, so time to go and do them :-) Life is just a ride!!!

2. harrison8bal profile image85
      harrison8balposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I often think to myself, who gave us life? Yes I know. My mother, but who gave my mother life? Yes my grandmother? And yes you know who gave my grandmother life. But what about the first person? Was there really an Adam and Eve?
      If I am not sure who gave me life, then I wouldn't be so sure who will take my life away.
      I don't really care about this and I don't really want to discover the truth.
      Although If I died naturally, mentally to me it wouldn't hurt, what's so good about being immortal anyway? Watching your friends and relatives pass away from the world.

2. 0
    Muldanianposted 5 years ago

I think even if I am not thinking about death, it is always there somewhere at the back of my mind.  I think the reason people fill their lives up with so many things, is to take our minds off the inevitability of death.  Sometimes in the middle of the night, the realisation that I will one day cease to exist and that every breath I take could be my last can overwhelm me.  It is at such times that I try to convince myself that the afterlife really does exist, and ask for some sign of it.  None is ever forthcoming.  I try not to imagine how I will die as this would be too depressing.

3. Onusonus profile image88
    Onusonusposted 5 years ago

I'm probably going to live untill I'm 100, so I don't think about it much at all.

4. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 5 years ago

yes, its not something that we have to think about consistently,as you say eventually u will get depressed, we have to live everyday as if it was own last day, make the most of it, enjoying the good things in life, experiencing new things, going to places we have never been,be a blessing to others,live life to the full.

5. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...i don't think about my own death...only when asked my thoughts around it....