jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Dental amalgam and dangerous effects of mercury poisoning in humans

  1. 0
    JustaMendesposted 5 years ago

    Mercury is a toxic metal and very dangerous to human health and the environment, and many humans have it in there dental amalgam. Do you know  where to take them safely?

    1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

      Really! Then why has the US Government outlawed incandescent light bulbs in favor of CFL bulbs containing Mercury?

    2. vydyulashashi profile image60
      vydyulashashiposted 5 years ago in reply to this

      Dental amalgam once used as restorative material for caries will not cause any harm and binds very firmly to the tooth structure mechanically. That is why amalgam is still widely used. The only problem of amalgam contamination is that excess mercury which is mixed with alloy is poured into the water resources which cause mercury poisoning. Safe disposal of mercury must be taken and as such a perfect mix is not of much harm to the body. Know why? Coz am a dentist!

  2. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 5 years ago

    CAUSE we don't use them damn bulbs to chew with.

    1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

      What happens when you break one? What happens to all those bulbs that end up in landfills and contaminate our water supply? Do you think it's right for the government to force us to poison ourselves?

  3. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 5 years ago

    Personally...I never eat from landfills.

    1. lady_love158 profile image61
      lady_love158posted 5 years ago in reply to this

      That's what YOU think! LOL

  4. pylos26 profile image75
    pylos26posted 5 years ago

    do you go to the landfills for your meals?

  5. 2besure profile image83
    2besureposted 5 years ago

    Now a days, most dentist can remove them safely.

 
working