jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Carbs and Sugar

1. Princess Prisca profile image61
    Princess Priscaposted 5 years ago

I'm a diabetic and I have to watch my carbs and sugar intake.  How come carbs and sugar can't be friends? (Best friends in fact...) It would make it so much easier to stick to being a healthy eater at "all times."

1. vox vocis profile image92
      vox vocisposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Foods high in carbohydrate include fruits, SWEETS, soft drinks, breads, pastas, beans, potatoes, bran, rice, and cereals. Carbohydrates are a common source of energy in living organisms, however, no carbohydrate is an essential nutrient in humans. The Food and Agriculture Organization and World Health Organization jointly recommend that national dietary guidelines set a goal of 55–75% of total energy from carbohydrates, but only 10% directly from sugars (their term for simple carbohydrates). (Source:wikipedia)

Carbs and sugar are friends, but they are not YOUR friends.

2. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

If you start treating regular rafinated sugar they sell at all supermarkets like a poison, it will be much easier to make healthy decisions. It's slow poison, it's addictive, it is added everywhere, it's very hard indeed NOT to consume it with regular food. We need carbohydrates in our food, but we do not need that white powder we are so used to have around and freely consume in gargantuan amounts. To tell you frankly I am surprised we are not all diabetics.  Because $$$ come first, our health does not matter. People who are in charge do not tell, people who do not know  - just keep eating.

3. Lita C. Malicdem profile image81
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 5 years ago

I'm also a diabetic. I eat carbs and sugar in strict moderation, the amount I feel my body needs for my energy. I follow my diabetic diet plan. If I don't, my BG shoots up and instead of feeling energized, I end up weak and remorseful. Happy eating!