jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Its good for health to take dinner at late night and go for sleep?

1. khmohsin profile image59
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

Its good  for health to take dinner at late night and go for sleep?

1. fit2day profile image82
      fit2dayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's bad to eat right before bed. The body doesn't need calories to sleep like it does for other activities. The body's systems need to rest and eating before bed puts strain on the digestive system, which may interrupt sleep

1. Sue Adams profile image94
        Sue Adamsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

On the contrary. Sleeping after a meal is the best way to calmly digest one's food. You cannot be physically active on a full stomach. That is why people in warm climates like to take a siesta after lunch and eat very late at night.

1. Misha profile image75
          Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

this smile

1. sabrebIade profile image85
            sabrebIadeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Too bad replies don't have a thumbs up feature....

2. rcrm89 profile image77
      rcrm89posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Some people may find that it helps them sleep better - I prefer for hunger to be satisfied before I go to sleep and often have a late night snack if I had dinner much earlier.

With regards to general health, overall nutrition habits are FAR more important than any individual segment of your diet like individual meal components and meal timing.

2. Pandoras Box profile image81
    Pandoras Boxposted 6 years ago

Just make sure there's plenty of fat in it. Just not healthy otherwise.

3. Bellamie profile image60
    Bellamieposted 6 years ago

I don't think a full meal just before bedtime is good for anyone, but maybe a light snack.  I have terrible dreams when I go to bed on a full stomach.  Don't know why it happens, but it does.  Maybe the combination of stressful schedule and too much to digest doesn't go together!  :-)

I only get bad dreams when I've eaten fatty foods.

1. khmohsin profile image59
        khmohsinposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is there any relation of food with Dreams ?

4. CARIBQUEEN profile image75
    CARIBQUEENposted 6 years ago

Please do not eat late at night and then go to sleep. You cannot burn those unwanted calories while you sleep plus you are going to store the fat. You are also going to sleep better on a half empty stomach. You should eat at least 3 to 4 hours before bed. It is not healthy to do otherwise.

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's what you think. Based on my life experience I think differently smile

And so do I. See my entry above.

1. Michael Willis profile image77
          Michael Willisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

And Thirdly!
          If I do not eat shortly before bedtime I will wake up hungry in the middle of the night.
          I rest better after eating. I can't sleep if I am hungry. Plus I do have a very high metabolism, so I have to eat more than the average person.

1. camlo profile image84
            camloposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Same with me.
            I tend to eat a lot of chocolate (mostly white) throughout the evening until I go to bed.

5. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I agree with Caribqueen. It is bad news for most of us to go to bed on a full stomach.
    I've been on a Mediterranean diet for the past couple of years - eating the main meal at around 2-3pm and again at night about 10 - 11pm and I am getting FAT!
    It just doesn't suit my metabolism I'm afraid, which is very slow - even more so nowadays.

working