jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

If I eat nothing except salad during the week will I loose my wait?

1. khmohsin profile image62
    khmohsinposted 5 years ago

If I eat nothing except salad during the week will I loose my wait?

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

Will you lose weight? Sure, maybe a few pounds. However, I would like to forewarn you that you do it at the expense of your immune system.

Just a thought. wink

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago

...nothing wrong with eating a tasty green salad with lots of other veggies/fruit....everyday as a matter of fact...toss some protein on it as well - eggs, fowl, fish, meat, cheese, nuts...with a nice homemade dressing - not the prepackaged stuff...are you trying to fit into something in a very short period of time....good luck with that big_smile

4. thirdmillenium profile image73
    thirdmilleniumposted 5 years ago

Please don't lose your marbles

5. CARIBQUEEN profile image75
    CARIBQUEENposted 5 years ago

Yes you would lose weight but you can gain back more than what you lost eventually as your body will crave for food.  You have to eat sensibly in order to lose weight and keep it off. Eat your five small meals a day and balance them well. Rest and exercise also lots of water and excess weight will gradually go. Once it goes off gradually it will stay off. Don't look for a quick fix.

6. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 5 years ago

depends what you are waiting for and how loose you are to begin with..

when I was younger, I waited a looooong time for a loose woman

1. Mrs. Menagerie profile image81
      Mrs. Menagerieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Smarty pants:)

7. WriteAngled profile image92
    WriteAngledposted 5 years ago

Depends what you put in and on (dressings!) the salad. Some salads can be extremely calorific and fattening. On the other hand, if you have too few calories from your salads, your body will go into starvation mode and slow down, so you'll find any weight loss will stop or slow down a lot.

8. smalika profile image60
    smalikaposted 5 years ago

To lose weight and to sustain it you will have to change your lifestyle somewhat; increase the intake of soup and proteins, they stay in the stomach longer. Give up butter, cheese and sugar as items of daily use. Salt bloats; lessen salt intake. Eat less in the night; it has the tendency to deposit as there is little burning activity. and of course you are right about not eating a lot but don't starve, eat lesser than you usually do, develop a culture of presentation of smaller portions. I am not sure if anyone can survive on salads for such a long time, wont it starve you?

9. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Depends on the size of the salad.  My husband puts together a salad that is so full of calories it isn't funny.  If you are talking about just eating lettuce, you might lose weight but you will also lose a bit of health.

10. jamterrell profile image60
    jamterrellposted 5 years ago

Absolutely yes!

11. Mrs. Menagerie profile image81
    Mrs. Menagerieposted 5 years ago

Maybe, but why would you want to do that to yourself?

12. LittleFairy profile image83
    LittleFairyposted 5 years ago

you will lose a bit but it will come back again, better stick to a balanced meal focusing more on fresh fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts. Use moderate amount of oil, your body needs a bit of it too.

13. ultimatekboxing profile image61
    ultimatekboxingposted 5 years ago

Don't starve yourself or severely restrict your diet just to lose weight - you'll end up harming your body and metabolism, and probably gain weight again when you start eating 'normally'.

Eat often throughout the day, ensure you're getting plenty of protein and cut out simple carbs, don't eat too late, drink plenty of water and just eat healthily. Instead of just salad for lunch and cereal for breakfast, try porridge or eggs for breakfast to keep you full for longer (so less mid-morning snacking) and have grilled chicken/salmon and veggies for lunch. Eat nuts and fruit for snacks and just make sure that you're getting enough nutrients! Oh, and exercise smile

Good luck

14. Lita C. Malicdem profile image81
    Lita C. Malicdemposted 5 years ago

There are various ways to lose weight, but there is caution in the kind and amount of food  we eat. We may be eating too much too little(quantity vs quality). So it will be smart for you to balance your diet. There is the food pyramid that you can refer to. As a diabetic, I always follow a diet plan, for my daily Total Energy Requirement (TER), which is a must to monitor  my weight.