Yoga Teacher Training Course

1. Chaya Parmessur profile image79
    Chaya Parmessurposted 5 years ago

I have been practising yoga for a long time (on and off) and now I am at the stage in my life where I want to do something more useful in my life than just working to earn money.  I am an engineer but will be doing a month's residential Yoga Teacher Training course in the Sivananda Yoga Centre in London in May.

Are there others out there who have done similar Teacher Training course and did it work for them?

I was amazed at the choice and it made me realise that Yoga has become truly commercial these days and that is why I chose Sivananda as it seems to have remained a way of living to attain enlightenment and it includes everything from exercise, breathing, nutrition, cleansing of body and mind, meditation and praying.

Would love to hear all your thoughts and opinion on this and other yoga courses and if it anyone did go on to teach yoga afterwards.

1. arthursaxon profile image61
      arthursaxonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I took a similar course about 10 years ago from a local studio and found it to be great. I taught private lessons for quite a while, and still incorporate the techniques in my training. It sounds like the course you've chosen is ideal as it teaches Yoga as a lifestyle and not just a few stretching exercises done in loose clothing. Best of luck to you!