jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (17 posts)

1. Alexander Pease profile image60
    Alexander Peaseposted 5 years ago

This forum is here to share the crazy, wonderful craving that you, or someone you knew, had when they were pregnant.

However, if you just have a craving or hankering for an unusual food, feel free to share that too.

I am asking about the common pregnancy cravings from: pickles and ice cream, all the way to chocolate syrup and pizza. So, share, laugh, and fire away with your funny, gross, or just plain odd cravings.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Creamed spinach. Been going on for awhile. And I’m not even pregnant.

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Could not stand fish, no smell of it, no taste of it, no image of it, no drawings of it, no word "fish" told by anybody. I could throw up right away very violently. And normally I eat and love fish. I cannot explain that. It was hard, I had to give up my cat as it ate nothing but raw fish and he smelled like fish too! And in my old country there was no cat food of any kind, but fish was cheaper than meat and people ate a lot of it and fed their cats with it.

Alexander Peaseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is so sad that the kitty had to be given up. Did you get it back later?

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

This isn't at all funny, because I didn't really have any cravings.  I did buy a package of Jolly Rancher candies once, and that seemed like a craving.  For a couple of weeks one of the Summers, I did seem to think of fresh garden tomatoes a little more than usual.   Pretty much no cravings and no appetite the whole time, all three times.

5. europewalker profile image80
    europewalkerposted 5 years ago

When I was pregnant with my son I craved peanut butter. All I needed was a big jar of peanut butter and a spoon. My son can't stand peanut butter!

He probably got all of the peanut butter cravings out of his system while in the womb. wink

6. TinaTango profile image80
    TinaTangoposted 5 years ago

Well I am not pregnant and don't intend to be pregnant...but I have recently started on a birth control pill, and since I have started I have been craving the greasiest foods, and no matter how much I eat of it I just want more....ugh, my arteries are going to choke sad

There are vitamins that can help speed up metabolic rate, which can decrease greasy food cravings. Also, there are vitamins that level out fluctuations on hormones. Although, I would discuss this with a doctor, I can say that the vitamins are:

Vitamin B12 and B6

Vitamin A and D

7. Sweetsusieg profile image83
    Sweetsusiegposted 5 years ago

My last child I remember my cravings the most.  Macaroni and tomatoes...  Yep, that's it.  Cook the macaroni and put in a jar of homemade canned tomatoes, heat and eat.  I had that probably 4 - 5 night a week...  Now, she HATES macaroni and tomatoes... she will not touch it, no how no way..

My 3rd child (1st daughter) I CRAVED Cuban sandwiches (she was born in S. Florida)...  I rarely got them, but wanted them so badly...  She LOVES Cuban sandwiches..  How odd..

8. Mumby profile image73
    Mumbyposted 5 years ago

It seems some of the things I'm craving most I should do my best to avoid for the baby's safety (except ice cream!).

Read this list of fav foods to avoid when expecting and why:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Favorite-Foods- … n-Pregnant

9. CARIBQUEEN profile image76
    CARIBQUEENposted 5 years ago

My cravings are really for sweet stuff which I really, really hate because you can gain lots of weight which I really, really hate and I am not even pregnant

10. ThePracticalMommy profile image93
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

With my son, I craved chocolate, but that was all. With my daughter, after weeks of not wanting anything, I craved orange juice. I drank it morning, noon and night until the day she was born. Now I could do without it. smile

11. jaimiedrew profile image60
    jaimiedrewposted 5 years ago

My cousin-in-law (who's wife is pregnant) has woken up in the middle of the night and had a craving for peanut butter ice cream!

12. acellucci profile image60
    acellucciposted 5 years ago

I wanted chocolate and ice cream in the worst way when I was pregnant!

13. 0
    Muldanianmanposted 5 years ago

I have never been pregnant and would be surprised if I were to find myself in such a position.  However, in the past two weeks, I have had a craving for sugar.  I have never had sugar in my tea, but suddenly I need four spoons of it.  I have also been eating spoons of it from the bowl.  I know it is bad for me, but I seem to need it.

14. Victoria Stephens profile image81
    Victoria Stephensposted 5 years ago

My sister's was raw potato!