jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Anybody has experience of passing kidney stones successfully?

1. 62
    dsmith1posted 5 years ago

Hi, I've been hoping to find a natural treatment that can help my friend avoid kidney stone surgery.  I've heard of different ways of people passing their kidney stones but wasn't sure which one worked the best.  Any experiences you want to share would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 5 years ago

I think this is quite a bit different than the possibility of passing a gall stone with a home remedy.  Better do some careful checking on this one.

Your friend might check with a doctor about getting one dose of a strong narcotic to relax the entire body and see if that would allow the stone to pass.

3. paradigmsearch profile image87
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

He needs to get an X-ray to see how big it is and where it is.

Unfortunately, one look at the X-ray might obliterate all hopes of a natural remedy...

The good news is that they will probably be able to blast the stone with ultrasound aka lithotripsy.

4. lrohner profile image84
    lrohnerposted 5 years ago

He needs to ask himself why he came here to ask this question when he has an entire hub written on the subject. smile

1. paradigmsearch profile image87
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Looking for more things to add to it? smile

1. canadawest99 profile image61
        canadawest99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

Drink LOTS of water and I mean lots.

5. 62
    dsmith1posted 5 years ago

Thanks, it's always useful to hear other peoples' experiences.  You can never stop learning in this life.  Anyone else have more experiences.

working