What is the treatment for trichomoniasis?

1. 60
    ForYourInfoposted 5 years ago

Self-Care at Home

The treatment of choice is antibiotics prescribed by the doctor. In addition to antibiotics, some alternative medicine therapies are available. These therapies are not known to be beneficial, and no rigorous scientific evidence supports their use. Home therapy should not be used instead of a doctor's visit and appropriate antibiotics, as this may allow the spread of the condition as well as harmful sexually transmitted diseases, such as syphilis, HIV, gonorrhea, or chlamydia. (The author does not advise you to use these alternative therapies but these are listed to be complete.)

* Some people feel that natural douches once a day while lying in a warm bath may help. To increase parasite-killing activity, you may add the juice of one lemon to either of the following douches:

o Vinegar douche - 1 teaspoon vinegar to 1 quart warm water

o Live-culture yogurt douche or a solution of Lactobacillus acidophilus — one-half teaspoon to one cup of water

* Aromatherapy: Oil of bergamot (Citrus aurantium var bergamia) may help dry up irritating discharge. It can be used in douches or added to bath water.

2. mommyneal6 profile image77
    mommyneal6posted 5 years ago

Prescription drugs and then it completely goes away. I had it when I ws a teen and was told it wa an STD. Now I get conflicting views from doctors saying that it is and is not. My boyfriend at the time swore up and down that he did not cheat on me and still says it to this day. So I'm not sure what to believe.