jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)

How to stay positive when your thoughts are killing you inside.

1. amber112483 profile image60
    amber112483posted 6 years ago

Please help me with my thoughts. I am just so scared

1. Diane Inside profile image81
      Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

sorry to hear that, the best thing to remember it this too shall pass, while things seem bad, you have made it through in the past and you can make it through again, you have the ability to perservere.

1. Diane Inside profile image81
        Diane Insideposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I guess this all seems like just generic advice and doesn't help with your situation since I don't know what is going on but at least keep it in mind anyway.  If you are suffering from mental health issues seek professional help, psychiatrists and counselors can help if you give the opportunity. And you may even be glad you sought there help. You are reaching out to someone by coming on hubpages and starting this forum. So why not reach out to someone who is there and can help you better that any of us can here. There is no shame in reaching out for help.

amber112483posted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can read up on me. I am just lost. One day things are going ok then the next I feel like I am knocked back down

2. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Studies show that the more people are productively occupied the happier they generally are.  So one approach would be to try and increase the amount of time you spend in productive activities.

Hope you feel better soon.

I know things will get better, I just hate the waiting game

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 6 years ago

Seems like negative thoughts might come as a result of comparisons to the way one thinks they ought to be, but where one may think they are so much less. Met a guy who had a perfect world, wife who loved him, kids and home, but he thought he needed to be a high flyer. So first he had to admit to himself that he gambled to get the money, and used drugs to promote the illusion. He needed to learn to appreciate what he had, and not what authority told him he should have.

That is ture

3. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

Make an appointment with a doctor and/or a psychiatrist

If you leg was killing you, wouldn't you go see a doctor?

You are right. I have been going to the psychiatrist but I am in search of a new one in my area since mine became very expensive. I also go to therapy but between my visits I like to blog and get help and support through others.

1. Greek One profile image77
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

nothing wrong with that.. just keep going and dont be like some people and reject medication if required

2. Eaglekiwi profile image71
      Eaglekiwiposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Great advice -do tell a doctor exactly things you have expressed here....thats what they are trained for! smile

And remember you are not alone in whats happening to your mind.

I think you will feel so much better when you have some information.

In the meantime ,you might want to check out this site (there are several good ones out there) but still make an appointment smile

http://www.gethelpearly.ca/whatis.htm

4. knolyourself profile image59

I liked the movie "Ira & Abby (2006)", the line something to the affect: "psychologists talk Psychoanalysis listen"

5. Greek One profile image77
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

If it was me, I would take a psychiatrist over a psychologists any day of the week

6. paradigmsearch profile image85
    paradigmsearchposted 6 years ago

"How to stay positive when your thoughts are killing you inside."

I have become a true expert at ignoring reality. No problems here. lol smile

7. knolyourself profile image59

"If it was me, I would take a psychiatrist over a psychologists any day of the week" Why is that?

one is a doctor, the other isnt

8. knolyourself profile image59

"A psychologist receives graduate training in psychology and has credentials either a Ph.D. or Doctor in psychology. They have expertise in clinical or counseling psychology. Their doctorate programs usually 5-7 years with additional 1-2 years internship in order to gain licensure."
    "Psychiatrist- go to medical school and earn an M.D, able to perform assessment on patients, diagnosis, can treat and prevent of psychological problems, and able to prescribe medications to patients."

Let me clarify... by doctor, i mean medical doctor and is able to prescribe drugs...

9. knolyourself profile image59

"Let me clarify... by doctor, i mean medical doctor and is able to prescribe drugs..." Yes and by many or most accounts that is all they do these days. And hope you can afford one.

well, I live in Canada, so I can definitely afford 'free' if I had too

And it is true, many doctors do over medicate... but I would rather see someone who had the power to prescribe medication if needed, then one who didn't.

At least I would go see them first for their opinion.

10. ii3rittles profile image87
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

Try seeing a kinesologist. They work with the body to identify what exactly is going on with you. I've been seeing one for about 2 years now and I love her! she's helped me out in so many ways. I suffer from sever anxiety and panic attacks and they aren't even as half as bad as they use to be.

11. knolyourself profile image59

Wonder if Tai Chi the Chinese exercise might be akin to Kinesiology?

12. profile image57
    ForYourInfoposted 6 years ago

Its too hard to understand what exactly is going through you.No suggestions or no help can help you until you come forward to help yourself.Time goes on and wounds also.But patients is the thing to utilize.

working