jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Having to Pee ALL the Time...

1. Mammas7 profile image74
    Mammas7posted 5 years ago

Cannot be a healthy sign, yet doctors say "There is nothing wrong."
    How do you strengthen the muscles?

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I've heard kegel exercises help.  I think that's the name anyway.  Just squeeze and release like you would if you were using the bathroom.   Can be done while you sit or lie down and even if you're not alone, 'cause no one but you even knows you're doing it.
      I dunno how old you are, but I know that as women age, loss of bladder control is common.  The kegel exercises are supposed to help as the freqent urination progresses to intermittent loss of control. I've got friends who developed that problem as time went by.  But it's good you've gone to the doctor and ruled out other ailments.  So if you don't have other symptoms like burning or itching, etc., maybe it's just the normal sign of getting older...

But like Daniel said, I'd have my blood sugar checked if I were you..

2. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used to have to pee more frequently when my celiac disease was undiagnosed - my body was in constant inflammation, including my bladder.   If you've noticed other symptoms such as irritable bowel or skin rash then could be an inflammatory condition eg allergies

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

For a man can be an enlarged prostate. Not sure for a woman.

3. Daniel Carter profile image89
    Daniel Carterposted 5 years ago

Frequent urination is also a symptom of diabetes. If that's completely ruled out, then there are probably other causes, most of which I'm of no help. Hope you can figure it out.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Daniel got that in one! Have you got an excessive thirst too? Not Daniel the OP.

Mammas7posted 5 years ago in reply to this

well, I don't know if it's excessive, however, I do try to drink water, about 8 cups or more.

1. IzzyM profile image88
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That might be your answer then. I know it is healthy to drink all that water, but if your kidneys are functioning perfectly it also has to be expelled so you will pee a lot more.

1. recommend1 profile image70
            recommend1posted 5 years ago in reply to this

But 8 cups are not a lot of water, unless drinking that water constantly a little at a time and pee-ing a little at a time ?  Maybe try drinking them in just 3 large goes and see if that results in 3 large goes - if you pardon the expression smile

2. Mammas7 profile image74

@ Daniel Carter, diabetes is ruled out...

4. recommend1 profile image70
    recommend1posted 5 years ago

There are so many possibilities,most quite trivial and some not so trivial that you should go to the doctor and get tested.  If you are a wrinkly or have a tribe of children whre it is just part of life then it will be something that should be checked.  Go see a quack smile

5. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 5 years ago

How many kids do you have? Pregnancy and childbirth can wreck all sorts of havoc on bladders. In general it seems like the more kids a woman has, the harder a time she has controlling her bladder, but I know a couple people who've had trouble after only one, so it varies some from woman to woman.

If that's the problem, doing Kegels is supposed to help. If you've never tried them before, try stopping the flow of urine mid-flow when you're peeing. Those are the muscles you need to work on. Squeeze and relax them periodically during the day to strengthen them. You're supposed to do it for 5-10 seconds at a time, 5-10 times in a row, and the sensation takes a little getting used to, so you might want to practice the first few times while you're alone.

Here's more from the MayoClinic: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kegel- … es/WO00119

Thank you so much, I have been working with kegels, and it seems to be better. I try to monitor my drinking too! Thanks

1. galleryofgrace profile image83
        galleryofgraceposted 5 years ago in reply to this

If you're a coffee drinker- you may just need to change your brand. Arabica coffee  will send you trotting every 15 minutes! try columbian.

working