jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Tick removal - IT WORKS!

1. OLYHOOCH profile image59
    OLYHOOCHposted 5 years ago

Tick removal - IT WORKS!by Orlin E Olson on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 10:01am
    For those of you on construction projects near wooded areas, hunters, hikers, folks who might come in contact with Ticks; here is a method of removing a tick that might be helpful.

A nurse discovered a safe easy way to remove Ticks where they Automatically with draw themselves when you follow her simple instructions. Tick removal Spring is here and the ticks will soon be showing Their heads. Here is a good way to get them off you, your Children, or your pets.

A School Nurse has written the info below -- good enough To share -- And it really works!

"Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick With the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few Seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be Stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This Technique has worked every time I've used it (and that Was frequently, and it's much less traumatic for the Patient and easier for me.." "Unless someone is allergic to soap, I can't see that this Would be damaging in any way. I even had my doctor's Wife call me for advice because she had one stuck to her Back and she couldn't reach it with tweezers. She used This method and immediately called me back to say, "It worked!" Please pass on. Everyone needs this helpful hint.OLY

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the tip.  The ticks are out in force already this year.  I can't step into the woods without getting a few on my clothes and I've already been bitten several times. I'm going to try this the next time it happens.

2. your cybersister profile image61
      your cybersisterposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I used this method on my dog once and it worked like a charm - the disgusting tick pulled right out!  No fuss, no muss - my dog didn't even squirm.

2. dkanofsky profile image60
    dkanofskyposted 5 years ago

I wish I would have known about this solution when I discovered a tick while taking a shower.  My wife took a tweezers and pulled it of from the left side of my chest.  Believe me I saw stars because it hurt so much.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Kindest regards,
    Dave kanofsky

3. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

Good thing to pass along.  Thanks. 

I wish I'd known that simple approach when I spotted a tick fastened to the inside of my (then) two-year-old daughter's ear as her father carried her through the shopping center.  What an "event" that was that night.  hmm

4. fit2day profile image81
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

That's interesting, I'll have to try that method. The last one I had, I just yanked out with a peace of tissue, which I'm not sure was the best idea