jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Is Yoga More Suitable for Women??

1. Fitness Fitness profile image73
    Fitness Fitnessposted 5 years ago

Yoga originated in India and developed by those Indian saints thousands of years ago who were men. But in the modern world, majority of people practicing Yoga are women, right from the celebrities to homemakers.

Is it due to the fact that it is more feminine and more suitable for women because of its rythm, grace and beauty?

1. sumitparihar profile image59
      sumitpariharposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Yes,surely yoga is good for women health.I am also practicing it .It helps me in dealing with stress,Confidence,energy and I feel healthy Since I started doing yoga.

2. free-diet-tips profile image61
      free-diet-tipsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think men don't realize how physically challenging yoga can be. Many body weight exercises are derived from yoga movements and men in particular are happy to do body weight exercises. I think that before anybody dismisses any kind of exercise they should try it first.

3. Freegoldman profile image60
      Freegoldmanposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Itis best for woman in every aspect.......

4. Obscure_Treasures profile image59
      Obscure_Treasuresposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I dont know exactly......

5. yogaexpertsonline profile image60
      yogaexpertsonlineposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No buddy I don't think so. Yoga is not only for woman it is also for men too. The big question is that to keep yourself healthy for that I think there is nothing like Yoga. smile

2. fit2day profile image83
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

I think yoga's more fitting for women because it helps lengthen out tight places, where we men typically want to gain some bulk from our exercise. I think it can be beneficial for anyone and it's use by people from ballet dancers to pro-football players. With that being said, I wouldn't say it's something just for women, but I think women prefer it more than men do.

3. 60
    Michealleoposted 5 years ago

whatever it's really good for boths womens and mens . yoga is really good exercise for our body health and sametime for our mental health . it helps alot for managing stress . some peoples ask that if yoga is helpful for lossing weight then i think it has no role for lossing our weight , Because this is some kinda exercise that made relaxed our body muscles .

4. Danette Watt profile image87
    Danette Wattposted 5 years ago

Yoga is good for everyone - men and women can benefit from the increased flexibility and stretching that comes with practicing yoga on a regular basis. Plus, as I tell my boys, yoga can be very demanding and builds strength through isometrics. And everyone can benefit from a stronger core that comes with yoga