jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

chest and sinus infection

1. Durwin profile image60
    Durwinposted 5 years ago

Here are some thing to do for chest and sinus infection...
    Make sure you eat really well, I always eat loads of garlic when I'm sick.
    get lots of rest.
    Also get fresh air each day
    Probiotics to boost your 'healthy' bacteria that will be killed off by the ABs

2. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

I suffered from ear infections, flu, and sinus, for years. During this time I was taking prenatal vitamins, omega 3, I was exercising, drinking lots of water and eating very healthy. I couldn't understand why I was getting sick. It turns out I am very allergic to enviromental allergens. My body doesn't have that capacity to shield itself from the surrounding factors, so I get infections easily. Ever since I started taking the shot treatment, I started feeling healthy. It's been almost a year and I still can't breath without the shots.
    So, yes, although those are great suggestions, if they don't work, then you need to go to an ENT that can test you for allergies. It's worth it.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can try to move out to a different province, area, climate, to more healthy environment, to cleaner air. I can hardly sustain myself in Toronto. Sometimes I feel like there is no air to breathe!  i hardly manage to stay healthy.

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Home Girl, because we are in a peninsula, and it's not a mountainous area, pollution doensn't play a major role. We're surrounded by water and the air just takes it all away. My problem is that i live with my American Eskie dog, and I'm very allergic to dog dandruff, dust, grass, oak trees, everything. Can't do much about it, but yes, we are thinking about moving to Miami Beach to get more pure sea air. smile

3. timorous profile image91
    timorousposted 5 years ago

I lived in Toronto for a long time.  I always had terrible hay fever in May.  Since I moved away (75 miles NE) a couple of years ago, I haven't had anywhere near as much, even though the trees, shrubs and such appear to be the same type and mix.

I also use a Neti pot whenever I do get a bit of congestion from dust and such.  It sure does the trick, even though it's a bit yucky.

1. 0
      Home Girlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Do you know anything  about Windsor, timorous? Is it polluted? I am thinking about moving out of Toronto completely and rental is very cheap in Windsor, usually there is a reason for that. Money is a big issue for me but I do not want to end up in a worse position than I am now. For now I am still employed in Toronto and have a good clean apartment. Any advice ?

1. timorous profile image91
        timorousposted 5 years ago in reply to this

No, sorry Home Girl, I haven't been to Windsor in a long, long time.  It may be polluted, but I can't say for sure.  Maybe you should Google 'Windsor, Ontario' and look under Blogs.  I'm sure a few people have something to say about it...good and bad.  If you just go to the city of Windsor website, they're not going to tell you anything but the good stuff!
        You'd also have to factor in the employment opportunities in some cities.  Happy searching smile

4. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Thanks, timorous, the problem is people give so many confusing remarks, you never know what to think. - "It's a beatiful town, so many interesting places!" or  "it's the worst hole, I am glad I've left it!" I guess the only option is to go and see it by myself. The absence of work might be a problem too.