jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Tongue scrapping is the most forgotten part of oral hygiene!!!

1. drsohel profile image66
    drsohelposted 5 years ago

Bacterias are the culprit that work against good oral hygiene. Most of the bacterias resides over tongue, some at the periodontal pocket and very little on the teeth. For this, tongue scrapping is the most important part of maintaining a good oral hygiene. But unfortunately, it's the most forgotten part also.

2. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

You always hear about brushing and flossing, but the tongue is far too overlooked. The tongue is the main cause for bad breath. I think because people think about cavities so much, the idea of tongue bacteria never crosses the mind.

3. Rob Winters profile image78
    Rob Wintersposted 5 years ago

Very true - i always brush/scrape my tongue after brushing teeth and then a good old gargle. There are even tooth brushes that have a scraper on the back of the brush head - so there is some awareness of this although it is def the exception.

4. getdpg profile image74
    getdpgposted 3 years ago

People usually aren’t aware that they have bad breath because their body has been acclimated to the odour. The tongue is the main part of the mouth to generate bacteria. To know more how to test bad breath http://www.listerine.in/100-healthy-mou … /BadBreath

5. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

If you don't have bad breath, I think you can safely leave your tongue alone.  The mouth is meant to have bacteria in it and most people have healthy bacteria there.