jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

1. fit2day profile image82
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

Kids today have more shots they have to get than ever before. Do you think all of the immunizations are neccessary or would you say they're causing more problems than they're preventing

2. melpor profile image89
    melporposted 5 years ago

It is important that kids get immunized. They are putting themselves and others (especially kids) at risk when they do not get shots. This is why there are small outbreaks of measles, mumps, or some other childhood disease occasionally because one un-immunized child comes into a school with the measles and effect other un-immunized children. The immunized children do not get sick during the outbreak but unfortunately,  for some of these unprotected children the situation becomes a lethal one.
    Immunization is necessary for several reasons. Firstly, it protects the general population from outbreaks and secondly, over time the  disease is eradicated, that is it cease to exist anymore to effect people. Smallpox and polio were eradicated years ago due immunization until a few parents refused to immunized their children because of misinformation and fear. Now smallpox is back. The benefit of immunization out weighs the risk of not being immunized.

3. TMMason profile image76
    TMMasonposted 5 years ago

I agree it is important they get them. But I do not agree that the Govt has the right to force anyone or parent to put anything into the body of thier child or themselves.

So it is a tricky question. Public health and safety -Vs- person's Right to choose what to place in thier, or their child's, body.

1. Monisajda profile image84
      Monisajdaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

There are waivers if you don't want to vaccinate your child. So practically you can't be forced into it.

As a side note, if vaccines work as we are told they are, how comes that even vaccinated persons can get sick during an outbreak? There are tons of info on immunizations on Internet and some sources say that it is not only un-immunized kids that get it.

1. TMMason profile image76
        TMMasonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I know they can waiver out, but there is a serious movement in the works to force people to vaccinate their children.