jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

The Diet Debate

1. jstelletello profile image61
    jstelletelloposted 5 years ago

With so many diet's out there which one is the best? The problem is that there is no one best. While there are basic do's and dont's when it comes to nutrition there is not one style nutritional plan that is better then another. So what works for you?

1. jstelletello profile image61
      jstelletelloposted 5 years ago in reply to this

For me it is The Zone Diet as developed by Barry Sears and the Paleo Diet. Depending on my fitness goals I switch between the two although an underlying guidline that Zone promotes is a consistent consideration. Also, since I like all different kinds of meat I fall into a Atkins type situation on occasion (especially when I'm lifting heavy!).

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 5 years ago

I find that I don't have to diet at all and can eat whatever I choose to eat. My metabolism is high enough to burn off any excess carbohydrates and/or sugars(fats) easily.

Never had a weight problem. Some people will look at me and tell me I have a huge weight problem, because I am too thin. You see, my weight problem is seen as one of not being heavy enough.

3. Hovalis profile image89
    Hovalisposted 5 years ago

I hate the word 'diet' as it implies you can do something for a short amount of time and keep the weight off. This is rarely true, because the restrictions put on the person are not sustainable. It's better have a lifestyle change which changes the way you think about yourself in relation to food and exercise. True, this takes longer, but is much better on your body and self esteem overall.

I know it's easy to say that, but to do it is a whole different matter. Having support helps a lot if you have the motivation to begin with. I'm using the website Sparkpeople to track my weight, food intake and exercise. I've lost 15kg this way, with the knowledge that I can't go back to the lifestyle I had. Weight Watchers does much the same thing with a fee.

I suppose what I'm saying is that knowledge is power, and learning to make better choices is the best 'diet' you can go on.

4. johncimble profile image61
    johncimbleposted 5 years ago

I just try to eat healthy. You you're not eating healthy when there is ton's of fat dripping off your food. My rule is lots of raw vegetables and salad with exercise, seems to work for me.