jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

Do Women Age Faster than Men?

1. Rehana Stormme profile image87
    Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago

And why do you think so?

1. cathylynn99 profile image75
      cathylynn99posted 5 years ago in reply to this

men age faster, as evidenced by the fact that they die younger.

Rehana Stormmeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That's a very valid point, Cathy. Although men die younger, they do have a longer reproductive cycle. I once had a narcissistic colleague tell me how women live longer because they don't do much physical work and lead sedentary lifestyles.

well, since exercise is the nearest thing we've found to a fountain of youth, your colleague's theory can't stand up.

that's right. i'll tell that to him the next time i see him ...or may be not. thanks either way. smile

2. Cagsil profile image60
      Cagsilposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Too many factors/variables are involved with regards to aging. Each person is affected different. Not gender specific.

Thanks for answering, Cagsil. It's true that there are too many variables involved. from personal experience, I note that many women tend to look older than they are after giving birth to a few children, while their husbands remain youthful. This is what prompted me to ask the question.

3. paradigmsearch profile image85
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Because they live with men? smile

Lol wink

4. Sean Evans profile image77
      Sean Evansposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I think women age much, much faster than men.  I think in the long run men are able to hold off their looks longer without serious medical intervention.  This is noticeable in Hollywood the best. For example look at top sexiest men and their age v.s top sexiest women and thier age.

Also I know I'm way better looking now than I was in my early 20's and high school..... shiver at the thought then. hhehe.

I have an uncle in his mid-thirties who looks much more handsome than what he looked like in his 20s. His wife was very pretty in her 20s but now she has visible signs of aging on her face.

2. profile image0
    Holmes221bposted 5 years ago

I don't think aging is related to gender.  Individuals age differently.   Some people look old at 40, whilst others, such as Joan Collins looks 40, even though she is almost 80, and in fact seems to get younger every year.  The eye bags, she had a couple of years ago have disappeared.  Maybe it is the power of prayer which is the cause.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently women's skin ages faster than men's acc. to this article; http://www.livescience.com/1054-woman-s … aster.html

Men have a longer reproductive cycle than women. Why is that, I wonder...

i think evolution favored women losing their reproductive abilities long before they died so children could be assured of a mother all during the kids' development. father's being around was not so important, so it was okay for them to reproduce and shortly thereafter, exit by death.

1. profile image0
          Holmes221bposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's nice to know men do have a purpose, even if once it is fulfilled, death might be the the only option.  This may be why the female spider eats her partner, once he has done his duty.

working