jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Control of our emotions

1. 0
    Holmes221bposted 5 years ago

I don't know how emotions can be controlled, as the human mind is something which has a will of its own.  I rarely get angry, at least not in real life, although I do sometimes, when I read something which I consider to be bigoted online, and in the past, I have written an angry response.  However, I now realise that anger doesn't solve anything, and it is better to agree to disagree with someone, than to have a pointless battle.  So just try reminding yourself that anger doesn't actually achieve anything, and it is an unpleasant emotion, which you would be better off without.

1. 0
      daniellehorganposted 5 years ago

you're welcome smile

2. 0
      ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

One way to suppress or handle your anger appropriately is to realize that there are really not many legitimate reasons to express or feel anger.  And of the small number of issues that actually would have a reason to feel anger over, you must understand that anger is a self-righteous attitude, never accomplishes anything, and often ends up making the problem even worse, on one or both sides.  Talk, reason, pray, and put yourself in the other person's shoes.  What often appears to be a reason to be angered at someone, actually is a situation which requires understanding or even sympathy for the other person's inability to speak or behave appropriately.

1. gvannorman150 profile image79
        gvannorman150posted 5 years ago

We all get angry at times. There are times when we need to suppress our anger while we finish the task at hand.  Even though it may be difficult this needs to be done.  If you are at work or school you need to remember that your day will take you away from the source of the anger. 

If you are at home, this poses another problem.  You can always try to sit down and talk out your feelings.  Let others know that what they did that made you angry.  Maybe you are over reacting, or just possible the they did not know that their words or actions would upset you. 

Always make your day what you want it to be, not what someone else wants your day to be.