The Dangers Of Paxil

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image74
    tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago

have you taken it and what happened? i did and went cold turkey off it and that was bad news. took three years to get over it.

1. 0
      Wentworth35posted 5 years ago in reply to this

In the UK it is know as Seroxat, and has a terrible reputation.  However, I took it for a couple of years, and it made me feel wonderful.  When I came to a point when I no longer needed it, I slowly came off it.  At first, I divided my pill in half for a few weeks, then into a quarter.  Then I took a quarter every other day, then evey three days, until I completely stopped it.  I had no withdrawal symptoms.

1. tlmcgaa70 profile image74
        tlmcgaa70posted 5 years ago in reply to this

i think you were very lucky. i endured the withdrawals for six months before finally going to my doctor. he told me that paxil is not a drug to just quit isnt even a drug to wean yourself off of. he said that they have to switch paxil users to another drug, then wean them off that one, when they are ready to go off it. he put me on a different anti depressant, and i had to take that to counter the head zaps and emotional instability the paxil caused. as long as i took that drug i was ok...if i missed even one dose i felt the zaps and emotional upheaval. finally at the end of three years i could feel the easing of it and eventually i got over it altogether. i am off all antidepressant now.