Where to go for 9/11 PTSD?

1. TLMinut profile image61
    TLMinutposted 5 years ago

I've read about the Zadroga Act for victims of 9/11 but that's all physical. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do for someone suffering acute anxiety, paranoia, PTSD for those who worked at the WTC? I need to find help for someone who is getting worse and worse instead of better over time. I don't know if just any psychiatrist would be a reasonable choice or if I should try to track down someone specifically dealing with this type or even this specific incident.

1. Quilligrapher profile image88
      Quilligrapherposted 5 years ago in reply to this

the WTC Health Bulletin http://www.nyc.gov/cgi-bin/exit.pl?url= … rmain.html offers New Yorkers advice on how to get information, treatment and help for 9/11-related health problems, such as free diagnostic and treatment services at the WTC Centers of Excellence.

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image77
      schoolgirlforrealposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I would think that any therapist would be helpful in this, especially those trained with mindfulness techniques. Talking things out, especiall personal things with someone anonomous who you can trust, and using different coping skills and types of therapy would be good.