jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Signs of an Unhealthy Heart

1. 60
    Anastaziaposted 5 years ago

Here are some main point of Signs of an Unhealthy Heart
    1] Neck pain  
    2] Dizziness, faintness, or shortness of breath 
    3] Indigestion, nausea, or heartburn 
    4] Jaw and ear pain

1. IzzyM profile image87
      IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Neck pain - really?
      Indigestion, nausea and heartburn have nothing to do with your heart, so away and take your rubbish elsewhere.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 5 years ago in reply to this

smile Thanks for that...

And here was me thinking that Meanness was a sign that one's heart had shriveled up, died and moved to some vacant space between one's left and right anal glands!

Isn't the Net Magic?  roll

2. Disturbia profile image60
        Disturbiaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

IzzyM, with all due respect, neck pain and discomfort in the upper part of the stomach (epigastric region) can be a symptom of a female heart attack.  More women die of heart attacks each year than men because many women are not aware that female symptoms are not similar to those of men.

Symptoms include chest discomfort, uncomfortable pressure over the chest, fullness of chest, squeezing of chest,  pain in the center of the chest, spreading pain to inner side of left arm, pain over the upper back, raidating pain to the jaw, radiating pain over the neck region, nausea, vomiting, and sweating.  So feelings of indigestion, nausea, or heartburn may well be the signs of an oncoming heart attack.

1. IzzyM profile image87
          IzzyMposted 5 years ago in reply to this

As you say, CAN BE A SYMPTOM!

Radiating pain from the chest to the neck, ear, left arm etc are or can be a symptom of a heart attack, but just putting a list of 4 seemingly unrelated symptoms up as 'signs of an unhealthy heart' is downright irresponsible IMO.

Someone could read that - lets be honest HP's forums rank highly - and panic when they have something completely unrelated or indeed just a neck pain that we all sometimes wake up to if we have been lying awkwardly in our sleep.

I am a fully qualified nurse and would never put up such a simplistic list as that because it is designed to frighten the uninformed.

And indigestion, nausea and heartburn are completely unrelated to the health of the heart or otherwise.

As rookeryspooner says, heart issues are sometimes mistaken for them, but the similarity ends there.

2. 0
      reeltaulkposted 5 years ago in reply to this

lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! @Izzy

2. 0
    RookerySpoonerposted 5 years ago

Heart problems can be mistaken for indigestion and vice versa, but are not the same thing.  I know jaw and ear pain can be a symptom, because it was such pain which landed me in hospital a few years ago, where it was discovered that I have ischemia.

3. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Yes,indigestion, nausea and heartburn - could be symptoms of lots of things; they cannot possibly be taken seriously in isolation. Shortness of breath probably is a better indicator that something is wrong with your heart.

4. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

@lyns, Did you read the thread?

This is a serious matter.  People need to know the possible symptoms of heart trouble, but the thread title is rather misleading, when taken in conjunction with the original post.

Are you by any chance Anastazia?

5. Aficionada profile image94
    Aficionadaposted 5 years ago

I didn't mean to run off a new Hubber. sad Sorry, lyns.  I really don't mind discussing issues, even when there's a disagreement involved.  I'm generally a pretty nice person and am sorry if my response put you on the defensive.  I hope that you will feel welcome here in HubPages -- maybe our next encounter will be very pleasant and enjoyable.

6. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 5 years ago

signs of an unhealthy heart, contact your Doctor. All those symptions are general and could apply to any condition, haven't you seen the Facebook status 'The internet is the best place to convince yourself that you are dying' lol