jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Head "Zaps"

1. diydiva profile image86
    diydivaposted 5 years ago

Hello fellow Hubbers.  I have been experiencing an odd, painful sensation in the back of my head.  The only way I could describe it at first was a zapping feeling.  This has been happening regularly for several weeks now.  I also feel as if my head slightly jerks (but my boyfriend has never seen this) and I feel that stabilizing my head against the couch, a pillow or the wall helps a little.  The painful sensation has no escalated; it lasts longer, seems to travel down my neck and is usually followed by a pressure head ache and pain in my sinus and temples. 

I've tried researching online and am stumped.  Anytime I find anyone who is having similar sensations it is from withdrawals of anxiety medication which I have never been on.  I have never been prescribed a long term medication, but have recently had increased stress and what I believe is anxiety.

Any help from anyone who has had similar experiences or may know what this is would be greatly appreciated smile

1. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 5 years ago in reply to this

OK, [insert medical disclaimer here] Check this out http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/tens … 000074.htm again [insert medical disclaimer here] I broke my neck many  moons back - compression fracture. I had headaches for many years.

Chiropractic medicine helped me, however I am only relating an experience. My headaches were DIRECTLY related to my neck injury. I emphasis this because tension headaches sometimes are the result of neck/shoulder strain. Check this out http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headache … c-overview Keep a diary for your self.

An example is I have been having severe lower back pains over the past 30 days. I did not understand why. What I discovered was at work for some odd reason I was crossing my legs under my desk. This is not what I usually do. That put pressure on my hips causing them to come out of adjustment. That put pressure on my lower back. I trip to my chiropractor, a discussion, going over my notes and discovery, and a hip adjustment and all WAS well. But, I started crossing my legs again and the same thing happen.

I talked it over with my therapist (I have a bipolar diagnosis, so go to therapy 1x month). She asked me "why." I said "because I felt more comfortable." She asked, "why were you uncomfortable" I said "I dun'no" She then asked "do I have feelings of being insecure about anything?" We explored that and came upon a discovery.

The moral to the story is follow the path of pain. My physical pain was caused by me doing something different. That was caused from an emotional thingy. I resolved that and no longer have a desire to cross my legs at my desk. No more lower back pain.

I  hope this is not TMI and is food for thought. Best wishes.

2. tara.eisler profile image59
    tara.eislerposted 5 years ago

You really should see a doctor.  smile

3. maven101 profile image75
    maven101posted 5 years ago

Sounds like a form of neuralgia...I agree with Tara, see a doctor...