jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Bagged Salads Alerts

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

SALINAS, Calif. (AP) — Taylor Farms Retail Inc. is voluntarily recalling 3,265 cases of various bagged salad blends that have the potential to be contaminated with salmonella.

The Salinas, Calif., company said Wednesday that its action comes after the Washington state Agriculture Department conducted a random test on a finished package of spinach.

No illnesses have been reported.

The bagged salad products include those with "best by" dates ranging from Oct. 18 to 21. They were marketed under the brand names Fresh Selections, HEB, Marketside and Taylor Farms.

The items were distributed in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, Washington and Puerto Rico and sold in various retail supermarkets.

Consumers can call 1-877-323-7374 for more

I try to eat healthy and use bagged salads all the time..all these recalls are alarming!

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

Seems like sealed plastic bags would be ideal for the propagation of salmonella.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 5 years ago

I think this is the third recall for bagged salad.  It does seem like the degree of cleaning plus nice humid environment is a bit of a recipe for disaster.

4. 0
    Home Girlposted 5 years ago

Ready made food SHOULD NOT be sealed unless you are going to boil it or reheat somehow. Otherwise you always have a chance to get something bad in it. Remember that always. It's your choice, be on a safe side.

5. fit2day profile image81
    fit2dayposted 5 years ago

Thank you Stacie L. for posting this. Things like this happen with corporate farming practices all too often. I still remember the huge tomato recall. It's sad that food that's supposed to nourish us makes us sick. Harmful pesticides, chemical fertilizers, and disease outbreaks destroy the nutrients in the food and the ones consuming it.