jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How do you handle coming back home from your vacation?

1. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 4 years ago

It can sometimes be downright depressing to come home after a vacation. How do you get past this post-vacay phase?

1. fit2day profile image82
      fit2dayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

My vacations are usually short, so I often feel that they're long enough for a break from the everyday, but short enough to where I don't get too comfortable. I think the best way to get past the post-vacation slump is to get right back to what you were doing prior to it.

2. Cagsil profile image82
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

Like it's any other day.

1. carol3san profile image61
      carol3sanposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am always happy to leave home and I am happy to return.

3. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Vacation? Who can afford to go on vacation...

1. wilderness profile image97
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I take a vacation every chance I get.  Gather the grandkids together and head out for fun!  All the way to the park two blocks away... smile

4. Richieb799 profile image66
    Richieb799posted 4 years ago

When I came back from Thailand was depressing, especially after a holiday romance

5. Cardia profile image88
    Cardiaposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it is a bit depressing, coming back from a wonderful vacation and having to go back to regular schedules and work. Last year, I went on a trip to Paris with my school's language club, and when I came back, I came straight back into exam time. I was able to relive my trip through looking at my photos, but sadly they got lost when my computer had a virus and wiped out everything sad

6. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 4 years ago

Yep Richieb799, I think when you have a really super charged vacation and especially when it involves a romance it's hard to come back to the same old same old. You want to relive that high and it's not there.

1. nancynurse profile image83
      nancynurseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I try to focus on the fun I had and usually enjoy being home again also. It drives my husband crazy but I always make sure everything is clean before I leave. Can't do a lot about the mail.

7. NiaG profile image89
    NiaGposted 4 years ago

Oh yes, I must clean before I leave. It's so relieving when you come home to know you don't have to clean the bathroom, wash the dishes or take out the trash. It only makes sense nancynurse! Ha!

8. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 4 years ago

Who can afford vacations any more?