jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Do you take any vitamins and supplements?

1. 0
    icountthetimesposted 4 years ago

I take one multi vitamin a day, a separate vitamin D tablet and an omega 3 capsule. What is your vitamin or supplement regimen?

1. MikeNV profile image74
      MikeNVposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Can you explain how what other people take has any bearing on what you take?

Mr. Bob C takes 1000 mg of vitamin c per day?

Now what do you do with that information?

1. rasta1 profile image88
        rasta1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

chill out and just answer the question. Its no big deal.

By the way I supplement like once every three days or so. I try to get most of my nutrients from vegetables and fruits everyday.

1. 0
          icountthetimesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Mike NV - I'm not all that concerned with what other individuals do. The closest I get to that is trying to ascertain what studies are telling us and how that feed into the diet I currently have.

Rasta1 - Yes, it's always best to try to get as many nutrients from food as possible. My diet is generally good, though is far from perfect. I like your idea of taking supplements every three goals, and can see how that could work to bridge any deficits that you might have.

2. BlissfulWriter profile image85
      BlissfulWriterposted 4 years ago in reply to this

A multi-vitamin, omega-3, and vitamin D3 is an ideal regiment.   I do that, but since I am pro-supplements, I also add Co-Q10, vitamin B, Alpha-lipoic acid, Astaxanthin, magnesium, and occasionally a few others.  But I sometimes skip doses.

2. rasta1 profile image88
    rasta1posted 4 years ago

The best foods for getting vitamins from are berries. Blueberry being the most potent. The problem with vitamin supplement is that the vitamins and minerals in pills are isolated. The body may have a problem absorbing nutrients in this form. The body is used to absorbing nutrients , like for example when there is fiber with it.

3. cathylynn99 profile image78
    cathylynn99posted 4 years ago

i'm over 50, so take D3 and B12. multivits have actually recntly been associated with a higher risk of death. nix the multivits. some dangerous individual supplements are iron, copper, and B6.

4. MPG Narratives profile image87
    MPG Narrativesposted 4 years ago

I do try and eat healthy, fresh food but with a thyroid condition I do have problems absorbing what my body needs. I have to supplement with vit D, calcium and multi.