jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Is blood really thicker than water??

1. LauraJayne1984 profile image61
    LauraJayne1984posted 4 years ago via iphone

Is blood thicker than water??? If you don't know the meaning of that then it's simply will your family always care, love and be there for you no matter what??!!
    My personal opinion is no! Some family members are always there for me no matter what, being a shoulder to cry on, general chit chat and simply visiting because they want to see me! Then I have "family" members who never ever bother with me and my extended family unless they either need or want my help! And to me that's wrong, I'd rather they not bother...simple as that!! I don't get why it bothers me so much as I really don't care, but when they park their car outside your home and don't even pop in to say hi..that makes my blood boil and it's down right rude!! I have friends who are there for me much more than some of my family as I'm there for them too!!
    What's you'd opinion??? Family is simply not like it used to be xx

1. nemanjaboskov profile image86
      nemanjaboskovposted 4 years ago in reply to this

In my opinion, that whole 'blood is thicker than water' story is pure BS!
      Family is overrated, and it has always been. However, I do believe that you should create your own family, and this means keep your loved ones and your friends around you, and make them your family.
      I strongly believe that family should be something we choose, and not something we get when we are born!

1. rlaha profile image78
        rlahaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Honestly, I think it depends on the family.  In my family, it seems that blood really does run thicker than water.  They seem to do things for each other and I would do just about anything (within limits) for my family.  I have friends who would disagree with me when it comes to their family, but like I said, each family is different.

1. nemanjaboskov profile image86
          nemanjaboskovposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's probably a much better reply than mine smile
          It all depends on the family.

2. Onusonus profile image86
    Onusonusposted 4 years ago

The density of blood plasma and blood cells are generally 1025 kg/m^3, whereas water is 998.536 kg/m^3 at 65 degrees. So yes Blood is thicker than water.

1. rlaha profile image78
      rlahaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Considering that you didn't really read the question properly, you are correct in saying that blood is thicker than water. However, the person who posted the question meant something entirely different.

3. davenmidtown profile image87
    davenmidtownposted 4 years ago

considering that healthy human blood is 92% water.. .then it would stand that blood is indeed thicker then water....

4. Clever Katie profile image59
    Clever Katieposted 4 years ago

It seems that families are more accepting today than previous generations. When I was in high school in the 1960s, a girl in my homeroom became pregnant. Her family insisted to the boy's parents that he marry her, even though both were 17.

After they married, both parents kicked them out. The boy quit school to work at a gas station, and the girl was forced to withdraw from school even though she was an honor student and planned to go to college.

When I saw her a few years later, she was working as a waitress and he was still at the gas station. She told me that her parents had never even seen their grand-daughter, and never had contact with her.