jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

e-cigarettes

1. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago

Wow, I have no idea whether I have posted in the right place or not. But, just to let you smokers know, I have  20+ years of nicotine addiction of 20 + cigarettes a day. Yesterday, I had an e-cigarette starter pack delivered. I still have a pack of 18 cigarettes in the drawer, not touched. Of course, I still have a nicotine habit, however, the e-cigarette has completely replaced smoking for me, so far. I'm not even tempted. Anyone else had a similar experience?

2. knolyourself profile image59
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

I like the idea but found for myself it was too strong.

Hollie Thomasposted 5 years ago in reply to this

You can order different strength's of nicotine. I've started on the 2mg, to be honest, I don't even know the strength of the cigs I was smoking (how bad is that) But for me, it's the holding the cigarette after a meal, with a coffee. It's weird, it kind of replaces the good bits of smoking, the bits I enjoy.

3. kmackey32 profile image79
    kmackey32posted 5 years ago

I have not tried them yet. I am on a patch right now and sometimes I chew the gum too.

I've never tried the gum or patches. For me, this really replicates the act of smoking, without the bad bits (toxins, smell etc) But you still have a nicotine habit, so there's no withdrawal. But from what I've read, the nicotine is not the greatest threat to your health (e-cigs are also a lot cheaper)

4. knolyourself profile image59

Well nicotine is the greatest drug I know of, at least if you have a fast mind, but the manner of ingestion can be lethal. I have always limited it
    to five or less a day and always coat my throat
    and lungs with liquid when I smoke. Mark Twain's rules were never smoke two at a time, and never smoke when you are asleep.

I admit, no argument there, nicotine is highly addictive. But I'm not ingesting rat poison and other evil substances. (I don't have a fast mind KYS, on the contrary) I smoke a lot more than five a day, I am mega addict. I suppose I was looking for damage limitation. Literature (Mark Twain) reminds me of Shakespeare, although  I know it shouldn't. I am not well read. (and at school, I hated Shakespeare. I did like Thomas Hardy, though)

5. knolyourself profile image59

I find Shakespeare to have great themes and some
    of the greatest lines in the English language, but otherwise overly wordy and difficult to read.

I was literally forced to study a Midsummer Nights dream, for my English O level (if you lived in the UK, you would know how old that qualification makes me) and refer to it as a comedy. It wasn't funny, I hated it. I found Siegfried Sassoon and Thomas Hardy's " The Mayor of Casterbridge" far more rewarding.

6. knolyourself profile image59

Shakespeare is not every or even that many's cup of tea.

You sounded very English, more English than I. lol I think if I'd have been introduced to Shakespeare in a different way (intrigued by him, rather than being forced to learn about him) I may have had a different perception of his work. Out of interest, have you ever read The Mayor of Casterbridge? I think I want to read that book again. It's still in my mind, 30 years later. That's quite a lasting impression when I think about it.

working