jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (26 posts)

How much weight have you gained this holiday?

1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Ok,I'm up 5 lbs and need to stop eating the cookies and other sweets.
    Anyone else want to confess?

1. couturepopcafe profile image59
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I haven't started eating yet but since last Christmas and this Christmas - about 4 pounds.  So now I'm a total of about 12 pounds over what I'd like to be.  Ugh.

2. hush4444 profile image74
      hush4444posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I've gained 7 since Thanksgiving, so I have you beat!  I work in an elementary school, so I've had daily deliveries of sweets from little people, and I didn't want to hurt their feelings:) The diet starts tomorrow - or as soon as I finish all the candy and cookies.

3. goldenpath profile image81
      goldenpathposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This is probably the most depressing thread topic I've found in my three years here.  This beats all the religious bickering I've dealt with.  Yep!  I've gained weight and I hope to lose it very soon. sad

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

I seem to have misplaced my waist smile

1. mega1 profile image79
      mega1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

haha!  Me too!  also my waist and my hip areas seem to have melted together - plus there is another double chin trying to add itself.  In all, my body is trying to make a rather large statement.  Not just becuz of holidays, either.  Ah, well, I should try a little more.  Maybe in 2012!?

3. jcmayer777 profile image81
    jcmayer777posted 4 years ago

It's too early to tell just yet.  Once I'm done with the endless Christmas meals and New Year meals, I'll let you know.

If there were any additional holidays in a short span, I'd wind up having to wear a sheet like a toga, since I'd be too fat for all my clothes....I'm getting there now.

4. Don Bobbitt profile image93
    Don Bobbittposted 4 years ago

BURP! Say What? ............. Not Me! ........... BURP!

5. Hui (蕙) profile image57
    Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago

My problem is that I cannot gain weight, however much I want, even if during holidays with little study and work. Metabolism includes two processes: synthesis and break-down, and the latter one is more important for weight gain or lose. I guess the break-down of energy resource in me is too fast, especially when I study with whole heart, I feel hungry all the time.big_smile

1. jcmayer777 profile image81
      jcmayer777posted 4 years ago in reply to this

You suck. smile

1. Hui (蕙) profile image57
        Hui (蕙)posted 4 years ago in reply to this

6. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 4 years ago

7. Healthy Pursuits profile image89
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

You've been watching!smile
    But I'm also on the treadmill. I'm hoping that the net will only be a couple of pounds. I can take care of that in January.

8. thesingernurse profile image76
    thesingernurseposted 4 years ago

Now that you asked, I just don't wanna know. Hahaha! I have noticed that my ab circumference is getting larger. So that I guess is the marking point for me. Lol.

9. musclequest profile image79
    musclequestposted 4 years ago

Gained a few pounds fat myself,feeling like a addict now,got to get back to my diet

10. healthy-living-4u profile image60
    healthy-living-4uposted 4 years ago

Almost 2 KG

11. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

So the average weight gain is around 7 lbs?
    Ok ,what do you do to lose it?
    I'm staying away from the carbs and trying to walk more.

12. Cara.R profile image81
    Cara.Rposted 4 years ago

I haven't gained any weight so far. I'm on a special diet to reduce pain. So as I stared; drooling over the food I couldn't eat, I thought of the pain that would come later.  Pain trumps holiday food.

13. healthy-living-4u profile image60
    healthy-living-4uposted 4 years ago

Morning walk is the best i can do and a light break fast

14. shawn002 profile image60
    shawn002posted 4 years ago

well i think running is best solution for weight loss.
    i have tried it and it really works.

15. 71
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

Sex and swimming will take off the pounds fast.  Or sex while swimming will do it even faster! smile

16. puter_dr profile image83
    puter_drposted 4 years ago

Believe it or not, I have lost a pound. We didn't have our usual holiday dinners etc because of issues with schedules, new baby coming etc. On Christmas we ended up having sandwiches and soup.

17. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago

i don't have a weighing scale, maybe I gained a little only.  This coming year I am trying to gain weight.

18. stclairjack profile image80
    stclairjackposted 4 years ago

i remember a time when i didnt weigh a saw buck,... but that was HS,... i remmber weighing 155 when 9 mo pregnant and thinking "dear god",... i remember weighing 180 8 years later and thinking "holy shit",.... i lost 125 lbs in fall of 06, (ex-husband weighed 125, divorce was final in sept. 06)..... i remember getting down 130 while loading feed and living off of whiskey and soda pop that summer,... i was thinner but i didnt feel good,.... i remember a terible descision to get married again,... he weighed 260,... lost a LOT of weight when i divorced him,...

these days i remember the medicinal value of a smile,... and if bacon makes you smile then it must be good for you.

these days i remember NOT to get on the scales! ha!

19. 61
    brad414344posted 4 years ago

Zero. Still have a high metabolic rate at 54. 145lbs, Lean and mean smile

20. Kangaroo_Jase profile image81
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 4 years ago

Lost 3 kg from beginning of Dec to 5th January (about 6 lb)

My secret, didn't change what I eat day in, day out over the Christmas period.