Do you believe healthcare is affordable to all Americans?

1. 0
    oldandwiseposted 4 years ago

I don't believe it is. Don't get me wrong, out of the gate most insurors offer an affordable policy. Problem is, the first year, given pre existing conditions, it can't be used. Then after the courting phase, the first year, the policies generally go up in price 50 to 100 percent. At that point, it isn't affordable but they gladly accepted your annual premium for that first year. Think I'm wrong? Ask them to put in writing the price won't go up significantly after the first year. The answer will be no. What's your opinion?

2. Healthy Pursuits profile image88
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 4 years ago

Something like 14 million Americans are currently uninsured. That means their employers aren't offering health insurance as a benefit, and the person can't afford to buy an individual health insurance policy. These people can't usually afford to go to the doctor.

When you consider that the price of a health exam is incredible, the price of a simple operation is in the multiple thousands, and the price of any prescription that still has an active patent is scandalous, I'm pretty sure that America has the most expensive and least generally accessible health care system in the world.

3. aDayInMyLife1 profile image91
    aDayInMyLife1posted 4 years ago via iphone

The state of the healthcare system is very messed up. I work in healthcare and with nurses who can not even afford healthcare. People on government assistance can get free medical and often abuse the system. They should at least have to pay something like a $5 co pay for office, $20 for ER, $1 prescriptions and appointment cancellation fees... Something, Anything! This would at least be incentive for people to keep appointments and go to the doctors office as opposed to the emergency room for minor issues. Now don't get me wrong, not everyone abuses the system and no one should be denied access, but everyone needs to pitch in. Some of our elderly population, who have paid taxes their entire life, can not afford their medications. So much needs to change.