jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Keyword World's Friendliest Countries

1. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

World's Friendliest Countries
    ForbesBy Beth Greenfield, contributor | Forbes – Wed, Jan 11, 2012 2:05 PM EST 
    These are the three nations where it’s easiest to befriend locals, learn the local language, integrate into the community and fit into the new culture, according to the results of HSBC’s Expat Explorer Survey, released last month.

To determine which were the friendliest, Forbes isolated the results in four categories: ability to befriend locals, success in learning the local language, capacity for integrating themselves into the community, and ease in which they fit into the new culture. All play into the ability of expats to create a new support structure, which New York-based expat coach Heather Markel says is among the biggest challenges when relocating.

The World's Friendliest Countries

1. New Zealand

2. Australia

3. South Africa

4. Canada

5. United States

read the rest
    http://travel.yahoo.com/ideas/world-s-f … tries.html

so do you think your country is friendly? compare the list here

1. CyclingFitness profile image91
      CyclingFitnessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe it's my experience of only a couple of cities but i'm afraid to say I wouldn't put the USA high up to list. However my experience is limited.

2. livelonger profile image92
    livelongerposted 4 years ago

I'm not surprised by this list. New, immigrant-dominated countries should be more welcoming to new immigrants than older countries with an established dominant culture.

And I have to say I have yet to meet a single unfriendly Kiwi in person. smile

3. ngureco profile image86
    ngurecoposted 4 years ago

I think they assumed the expatriate (visitor) is English speaking from the top Commonwealth Countries.