jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Blue Monday

1. 0
    Muldaniaposted 4 years ago

Today, is described as 'Blue Monday' and is said to be the day of the year when depression is most obvious, and when twice as many people will stay away from work.  This is put down to a mixture of the winter weather and the fact that it is the third Monday of January, when the post-Chritmas blues are said to be at their strongest.

1. lizzieBoo profile image77
      lizzieBooposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Funny you should mention it. I was full of misery and hopelessness yesterday. I've had a cold for two weeks, I feel fat, ugly and pointless. I stayed in the house all day wandering how I was going to get through the next 30 years. I'm glad you're telling me it's the time of year.

1. 0
        Muldaniaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I felt down too yesterday, and it was only when it was pointed out to me that it was Blue Monday that I wondered if there could be a connection.  I feel fine today though.

2. thesingernurse profile image75
    thesingernurseposted 4 years ago

Oh... everything you mentioned happens to my boyfriend right at this very moment. Lol. big_smile

3. Cassie Smith profile image76
    Cassie Smithposted 4 years ago

It's Martin Luther King day over here.  I'm glad for this holiday and have the day off. It gives me a chance to catch my breath and organize my place.  I still have Christmas stuff lying around and I need to do some early spring cleaning.

4. Greek One profile image79
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

i just take out the frustration and anger on those nearest and dearest to me...

I figure they will forgive me by springtime

5. Hollie Thomas profile image60
    Hollie Thomasposted 4 years ago

I feel quite happy today. There again, I work from home. I remember those horrible days when I had to brave the cold weather and defrost the car before sitting in a pile of traffic to get to a job I hated. Yep, things could definitely be worse.