jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Heart attack.

1. 0
    SarahBodoposted 4 years ago

Are there any home remedies for heart attack? Most people experience heart attack in the middle of the night, and there is little to be done before the patient is taken to the hospital. Am talking about rural areas that have bad roads and almost no ambulances.

1. overcrok profile image81
      overcrokposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is of crucial importance to have Aspirin at home. Aspirine has an antiplatelet function. This will avoid the formation of blood clots which in case of a heart attack can be potentially fatal. It is good to take one pill and at the same time call 911.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Exactly right.  When I got the the hospital during a heart attack that was the first question i was asked - had I taken an aspirin.

The answer was "yes", but had it been "no" I got the strong impression that giving me one would have been the very first course of action by hospital staff.

2. rebekahELLE profile image92
    rebekahELLEposted 4 years ago

It would be best to let your own doctor answer that question. Some people can't take aspirin.

1. overcrok profile image81
      overcrokposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right, however, aspirin is sold for 5 dollars on average in every grocery store. Unless you have salicylate sensitivity, one pill will certainly increase your chances of survival, and it also acts as a decent painkiller.
      http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/crd/EM/em11.pdf  "Aspirin and suspected Acute Myocardial Infarction".