jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (22 posts)

Signs of a person who lacks self confidence?

1. 0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

I often feel as if I have lack confidence in situations.  What are some signs, I would like to compare?

2. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

Poor nutrition and lack of exercise affects the mind.

3. 0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.  People are insecure about many things, but they tend to hide it.  I don't trust anyone who can't be serious for a minute or those who insist that everything is fine.  For instance, I don't mind being in a party with strangers.  I find it easy to approach people and strike up a conversation.  I don't want to miss a thing.  But that's me.  I have been accused of being "over-confident," but I believe that's the other person's problem for stating this.  Other people at a party will disappear into a wall and will spend the evening nursing their drink and observing others.  Don't ever compare yourself to others.  Do what you feel comfortable doing.  You will find that it takes different personalities to make the world move.  Try starting by accepting yourself and knowing yourself well.

4. Pcunix profile image89
    Pcunixposted 5 years ago

I think you would know if you are not  confident.

But where is the problem? There will be situations where we won't be confident.  If you think you should be confident in that situation, then you need to figure out why you are not - what could  change your feeling?

5. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

http://www.ladyobama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/legends_rodney-dangerfield.jpg

6. ocbill profile image74
    ocbillposted 4 years ago

sounds like the situations you are in you do not know it 100% enough to be vocal or give an accepted opinion. I was like that until there are situations I knew so much about I had to voice an opinion or take the lead.

7. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

A constant blink is a clue, as is slurred speech, loss of balance, a subconscious need to crawl on your hands and knees, tiredness and of course the trail of empty bottles hidden under a cloud of boozy fumes!

Nah.... you're just not sober!  big_smile

1. 0
      Emily Sparksposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I don't drink, so that is not a possibility.

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha..... That's What Mary Said! big_smile

2. sofs profile image87
        sofsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh don't worry about PD... He is just being himself. smile
        Emily, if you think you lack confidence, work on it, you would definitively know where you lack confidence. Equip yourself with knowledge, positively affirm yourself  you are surely good in certain areas, don't let others tell you who you are or what you lack, listen to yourself.  Building yourself confidence isn't very hard, I have been there done that... so you go girl.. You are special in your own way!

8. overcrok profile image80
    overcrokposted 4 years ago

I think lack of self confidence is the first path when you interact with others. It is part of the "algorhythm", if you can't answer something, lack of confidence will show up as a sign of resignment that is absolutely normal and periodic, basically it gives you a hint on what you still need to work on. Its signs are just the best way to show others that you are not finished yet.
    Anyway, not every person is aware of this, and they often build lies on their personality and hypocrisy that is against our nature I suppose.

9. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

They catch you sleeping with their wife and apologies for walking into the bedroom without knocking

1. 0

Does that have anything to do with my question?  No, it doesn't--can we keep our focus please?

1. Pearldiver profile image87
        Pearldiverposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Interesting Reaction to a Very Relevant illustration of an example you asked for!  Clearly you are confident enough to demonstrate your 'People Skills!' smile

10. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 4 years ago

sure...

a sign a person lacks self confidence is when they "often feel as if they lack confidence in situations."

or if they ask others how to best please their boyfriend to make him happy, worrying that he will jump ship if any sort of backbone is shown

1. 0

I do not worry that he will "jump ship" and I am not scared to "show backbone" if thats what you want to call it.  I love him, and he loves me-of this I am sure.  I do not need help and advice in making him happy.  I simply wanted to show him how much I care MORE then I already do.

1. Greek One profile image80
        Greek Oneposted 4 years ago in reply to this

you mean you don't have the confidence in your ability to show your boyfriend that you love him?

1. 0

I do......I show him that I love him.  I simply wanted to know more ways to show this.  He is my first love, therefore I am not an expert in these areas.

you mean you lack self confidence?

1. 0

No, I mean have little experience and am not too proud  to admit it.

excellent.. then in answer to your question...

when one has little experience in a given situation, and is concerned this lack of experience could impact her behavior or the outcome, then one might say he/she does not have self-confidence in so far as that situation is concerned

1. 0

If thats what it boils down to.....I guess you could say I lack some confidence in this area.  Never thought of it that way!  Thanks, I have enjoyed oir conversation smile

working