Giving up smoking

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (21 posts)
  1. seanorjohn profile image71
    seanorjohnposted 12 years ago

I am so amazed that I have stoppped smoking real cigarettes. I tried everything. Patches, gum etc.  couldn't give up)  Now I am using some stuff that seems like I am smoking.25 days without smoking. I feel like I am smoking. But it is just water vapouur coming out.
    It works. I have given up.

Skycig is the best. But get the money off code.

1. kannanwrites profile image93
      kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Great....though I don't smoke but it's good to know that you have stopped smoking.

So you are actually keeping up the new year's resolution. Wishes for your smoke-free journey.

2. kmackey32 profile image64
      kmackey32posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Same thing I am smoking. My last hub was on the Ecig.....I have not had a real cig since.

seanorjohnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well done kmackey. I am so certain that the future is electronic cigs. If I knew how and had some spare cash I would buy shares in one or two of these companies. Perhaps with the money I save on cigs , I will do this.

Congrats to you on no longer smoking the dirty, deadly , old fashioned cigarette.

1. JayeWisdom profile image89
          JayeWisdomposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you continue buying refills for the e-cigarettes, you won't be saving money. My son and grandson are using them, and they're expensive. If they're only used as a stopgap measure to wean you off real cigarettes and other tobacco products (such as cigars), and you wean yourself from the e-cigarette too, the temporary expense will be worth it. 

Sometimes, however, the crutches people use to stop a habit become a new habit that remains with them. I know someone who has been smoking Nicarette gum daily since it was introduced! Using an e-cigarette for an extended period of time is more about holding it in your hand and putting it in your mouth than the taste you derive from it...I think. I don't know that for a fact because I've never smoked. (And you're now thinking, "Easy for you to say!")

Thanks Jaye. You are right. I know I am still addicted to nicotine and it costs money... but much less than I was spending. But it has given me hope that I can get myself weened off nicotene. In the mean time it is no more harmful than drinking coffee.Saving me money but I need to ditch the ecigs eventually. It is important to me that I no longer have the harmful cancerous tobacco. You are right though. Gotta truly quit.

3. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations.  I can't say I know what you went through trying to quit, as I've never been addicted to ciggarettes, but I do know that it's a very hard habbit to break, as I've met a lot of people that have tried and failed at it many times.  However, I'm glad to hear you were able to find a way to quit, as you should be proud of yourself. smile

Thanks Stevennix. You are always so supportive to people who are struggling. Enjoying your film reviews. Are you gonna do one on Warhorse. Went to see it last week. Enjoyed it but recognise many feel it was a Disney style account. Truth is I did shed a tear and was glad of the darkness to hide my embarrasment.

What am I doing hijacking my own posts.

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I already did a while back actually.  If you want, you're more than welcome to check it out.  To be honest, I thought it was a good film too, but it's kind of a shame that it probably won't win "Best Picture" though.  However, stranger things have happened though.

4. Ramsa1 profile image62
      Ramsa1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! I quit cold turkey about 24 years ago.

2. Eliminate Cancer profile image59
    Eliminate Cancerposted 12 years ago

Keep it up!!  This may be the hardest thing you ever do, and it is something you should be very proud of!!  Don't ever give up.  Don't ever go back!!  Stay clean!  Respect your body!  Love your body - it's the only one you've got!!

I'm so proud of you!!!

Thanks so much for your encouraging response to all who want to quit smoking. Much appreciated and remarks like yours will save lives.

3. rLcasaLme profile image70
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

it could be better if you give up even skycig. you still look like a smoker in it.

4. Captain Redbeard profile image60
    Captain Redbeardposted 12 years ago

I talked to my doctor about that electronic ciggerette and they said it was just trading one set of chemicals for another.

I smoked for almost 20 years and quit sometime around last september. Haven't even really thought about it. However that came after almost 7 years of trying to quit, trying everything from the gum to the patch to the pill....I think that my will to quit became greater than my will to continue. I also had a pretty pivital faith moment around that time which I think helped alot but you keep at it buddy! Proud of you!

1. kannanwrites profile image93
      kannanwritesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Kudos to you.

5. amilypitt profile image60
    amilypittposted 12 years ago

We all know that cigarette is Injurious to health, but when somebody start smoking, he/sh will be fonder to cigarette and it will become very difficult to give up. I must appreciate your efforts for giving up to cigarette. Keep it up buddy.

6. Tams R profile image82
    Tams Rposted 12 years ago

You should be very proud of yourself. Minute by minute you are getting further and further from the last cigarette. Bravo! You've made a step most smokers never will .

7. TLMinut profile image60
    TLMinutposted 12 years ago

I'm using e-cigs too (personal vaper), I never wanted to or planned to quit smoking. Yes, I should want to but I don't. Or didn't. After almost a year, I've dropped the nicotine level for the first time and am now looking forward to dropping it again until having no nicotine at all. Crazy that I never really paid much attention to how bad smoking makes you feel day-to-day until switching to these and feeling the difference.

Well done tlminut. So glad to hear you are feeling the health benefits. That has given me and I hope others the boost to carry on resisting tobacco.

8. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 12 years ago

I quit a couple weeks ago. It sucks:)

But qutting is better than smoking.

I even dream about smoking, which I never did before I quit.

Jane, well done to you. You have chosen the courageous way of quitting. I am guessing you are relying on willpower alone. I think iread that we are only physically addicted for 17 days. Afterwards it is purely psychological. Hang on in there. You are the bravest of the brave and you will be rewarded with better health and finances.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)