jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (17 posts)

How to lose 20 lbs.

1. MissKingcade profile image60
    MissKingcadeposted 4 years ago

i am trying to lose at least 20  lbs  before summer so how do i do so without starving?

1. perfectperception profile image62
      perfectperceptionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Excercise at least 30 minutes a day.  It's not easy at first but it works as long as you're not gorging yourself.

2. doodlelounge profile image60
      doodleloungeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hiya, Please don't starve yourself. You will be worse off in the long run (slow down your metabolic rate) and it makes you miserable. Diet wise cut out sugary snacks and treats, go very easy on alcohol and avoid complex carbs after 6pm (even better if you can eat them for lunch and not for dinner). Exercise wise make sure you add in resistance training, with body weight and ideally also weight training. Lasy but not least, have some balance, so don't punish yourself! Have great focus and work out hard/eat well, but build in rest time and a treat day! Hope that helps.
      Best wishes, Kirsten

3. cobrien profile image81
      cobrienposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Drink plenty of water, 1 oz. for every two pounds you weigh. Water fills you up and raises the metabolism. Drink a large glass just before eating. My cousin lost 20 pounds just doing that.
      Exercise. This will tone up the body and help it look good. It will also burn calories and increases metabolism.
      Eat small meals and snacks throughout the day. This also increases metabolism.
      Throughout my life, I have lost close to 200 pounds. I wrote some hubs about how, if you are interested.

1. runawaylola profile image61
        runawaylolaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

dear cobrien - although it may work for some people drinking so much water is dangerous because it disturbs one of the most importat electrolytes that your body has- sodium. Too much water will dilute sodium existent your body and you may end up in hospital with hypoatremia.
        All the best

2. runawaylola profile image61
        runawaylolaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

missing letters here sorry, hyponatremia.

4. Ramsa1 profile image69
      Ramsa1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

1. stop eating junk food - no macdonald's, french fries, ice cream, etc.
      2. no bacon, fried chicken, or other fatty foods.
      3. eat less meat and more vegetables.
      4. eat fruits.
      5. eat less food
      6. walk for 1/2 hr. each and every day.
      7. no pop. drink water.

2. MissKingcade profile image60
    MissKingcadeposted 4 years ago

thanx, i do alot or working out including 45 minutes on the exercise bike,30 minutes of walking and 2 hours of dance including stretching  but i dont really eat bad

1. cobrien profile image81
      cobrienposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you could spend a little less time on the bike and more time dancing. Dancing works more muscles and tone muscles increases metabolism. And I read somewhere that changing exercise routines now and then is supposed to boost metabolism too.

3. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Getting weight off is half the battle..keeping it off is the trick.

Learn to eat healthier,change bad habits, cut out sugar, alcohol and eating at night.
    good luck

4. Ruben Rivera profile image79
    Ruben Riveraposted 4 years ago

Eat small meal throughout the day to speed up your metabolism.  Drink a lot of water, if you reached a plateu where you can't lose weight then you will either have to reduce your calorie intake and keep your workout routine or increase your workout intensity while maintaining calorie intake.

Good luck

1. perfectperception profile image62
      perfectperceptionposted 4 years ago in reply to this

So True!  It's not easy to lose weight but it is definitely possible

5. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 4 years ago

It's easy, I lost 19Kg in the last 15-16months....

Move country, build two houses, build and run a bar, write online till 2am, never eat takeaway anymore, no soft drinks and eat only homemade wholesome food!!

Easy - maybe I should write a book.. "the too damn busy to eat diet"

1. Becky Katz profile image85
      Becky Katzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Maybe we can just call that one the TDB diet. I was on that for a while and it really works. Except I now eat at the computer. Sometimes that is the only time I get to eat.

6. sen.sush23 profile image61
    sen.sush23posted 4 years ago

Weight had never been a problem for me, I am on the leaner side. If anybody was willing to share a diet on 'how to gain 19 kg in 19 months' I would jump for it. But I have a friend, with a genetically programmed body that puts on weight no matter what she will eat. But she is a performing artist - a dancer. So she needs to get rid of her weight sometimes on short-notice and I have seen the result. Unbelievable. What she said was this- when she had to lose some of the fat, she would go on a crash diet of spinach. A cooker full of spinach, with some spices, boiled into a nice soft stew. That would be her lunch and dinner. If you can consult with a nutritionist whether you can go for such a diet, I think it may be good. You may add other vegetables, particularly salads to add variety to the meal.

7. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 4 years ago

Don't Starve yourself.. sad

How much does your right foot weigh?  smile

8. 0
    Deb Welchposted 4 years ago

I lost more than 25 lbs. several years ago by the Journal Diet - see links:http://www.myfooddiary.com, http://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-a-Diet- … Life,There is a free calorie counter on-line, keep track of what you eat each day along with some exercise and you will lose weight.  It works.  It can get boring but it encourages one to learn about food and calories burning.  Many people are eating more food than what is required for the activity they are doing each day.