jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Quality of life

1. BakerRambles profile image85
    BakerRamblesposted 4 years ago via iphone

The quality of life, a transformational model debating the moralistic to the individualistic.  What are the pros and cons of both morals and material wealth.  Does both create a balance, or does one outweigh the other?

1. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 4 years ago in reply to this

IMO, they're mutually exclusive. Moralality is subjective.

That's my first answer. On second thought, people's morals tend to bend a bit in the need for money. I'm not talking about greed, just survival.

So here's the crux: I might believe the phone company is rich so if I'm inadvertantly not charged for for a service I know I used, and I know this is technically stealing, I'm happy to not tell them about it.

If the young checker at Publix gives me $100. too much (and this actually happened) I'm personally morally obligated to tell him because I know he's responsible for that money. So perhaps both money and morality are subjective where they coexist.

1. BakerRambles profile image85
        BakerRamblesposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I really like that reply, that's awesome.  Thank you for that.

2. phillippeengel profile image74
    phillippeengelposted 4 years ago

If we don't have a good, solid foundation of morals and values, will we have material wealth? What is the use of materials if we always get ourselves ensnared in fights, quarrels while pandering to selfishness and greed?