jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

To Many Irons In The Fire!

1. dmop profile image86
    dmopposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I find that I have too much going on at once, and have to stop and reprioritize what is most important.

1. irenemaria profile image41
      irenemariaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

This situation we all share! And you are so right, we MUST stop and make a 7/3 list. Of ten things to do, only three is more important! This thinking has helped me to get away from stress.

2. tsmog profile image83
      tsmogposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understand and am empathetic. Recent health issues and work life has changed everything for me. I have to say 'goodbye' to projects I desire to do, or at least 'box them up' and put into storage. We all know what happens to stuff in storage - smile.

I have given myself until May 1st to do the reorganization with the veiw of a 3 - 5 year plan. My plan essentially is 5 spokes. Any more and I would forget them. The other thing I am working on is simplify, simplify, simplify home chores etc.

2. dmop profile image86
    dmopposted 4 years ago

Sometimes I think I have to many irons in the fire, then I remember the fire I have burning out back !

3. 0
    Larry Wallposted 4 years ago

If I make a list it is what I am going to do in the next hour. Otherwise, I keep in my mind the things I have to do and do them as the need for them for the available time arises. I am unemployed at the moment and this approached worked. I held my last job for 22 years whee I was PR director, IT director, investment director and secretary-treasurer. My priorities changed constantly and accordingly little time was left for making a list.

I had a co-worker who wrote a to-do list every afternoon and then re-wrote it the next morning because circumstances had changed.

Keep in your mind the important stuff and be flexible.