jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)

How many of you take vitamins daily?

1. thoughtdump profile image79
    thoughtdumpposted 4 years ago

I take vitamins daily and probably have for the past 20 years.

1. Laura Schneider profile image92
      Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not me, but I probably should.

2. Nouveau Skeptic profile image76
    Nouveau Skepticposted 4 years ago

The last study I saw suggested vitamins are actually potential carcinogenic in excess. that is--you should only take them if clinically deficient.

1. paradigmsearch profile image90
      paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I average around 4 or 5 a week.

2. Pcunix profile image89
      Pcunixposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely.  There is no reason for any healthy person with access to good food to take vitamins.  Eat a wide variety of healthy foods and you are covered.

3. fountainyouth profile image60
      fountainyouthposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Most of the foods available in American, commercialized markets, are miserably nutritionally, and minerally deplete, psuedo-foods! It is impossible to attain, health/fitness/wellness, eating and engaging only in the use of these, so-called foods! They are the reason for the epidemic in preventable diseases. One thing is for sure, if we only engage in the eating of those so-called foods, sickness., disease, premature aging, poor quality health, and early death, can be the only results! We must engage in the use of super-foods, ethnobotantical foods, sea life, and usage of whole food, multi-vitamin/mineral substances(never single vitamins), probiotic/enzyme usage, and a diet based on Natural foods, then our lives are manifested!

thoughtdumpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

2. 74
        Robertr04posted 4 years ago in reply to this

If you are going to engage in the whole food, raw food ,natural food regime, I know you are going to leave those synthetic "mutiple vitamins" alone ,are you not?

3. psycheskinner profile image82
        psycheskinnerposted 21 months ago in reply to this

Where I am I certainly do not find it hard to buy real fruits and vegetables, baked goods with basic unprocessed ingredients, and pasture-raised meat.

Just having twinkies and potato chips available does not oblige one to eat nothing else.

3. viryabo profile image87
    viryaboposted 4 years ago

I take them daily and have been doing so for years.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

Since they came out with gummies and are not the size of horse pills i take a multivitamin daily.

1. fountainyouth profile image60

1 pill won't do it, and can't do it! Besides, gummies for an adult? C'mon, you'd better start putting in nutrients that, actually are of benefit!

5. sarahbeth17 profile image59
    sarahbeth17posted 4 years ago

I take vitamins when I remember to. I guess it's okay because I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Most vitamins that you can purchase at places like walmart and typical grocery stores don't carry vitamins that can even be absorbed by your body, so it's important to take a whole food vitamin from a reputable company or you are just wasting money all together.

6. 70
    logic,commonsenseposted 4 years ago

I've taken them for years and everyone thinks I'm much younger than I am.

7. Glori Surban profile image61
    Glori Surbanposted 4 years ago

I do, but sometimes I forget. I think it works though because I rarely get sick. But I've read somewhere that it doesn't really matter if you take vitamins or not. LOL.. to much info gets confusing sometimes...

1. fountainyouth profile image60

That info was completely wrong! It's like saying, "You can run your gasoline powered car, on nothing!" The only thing that keeps us alive are, the necessary vitamins, minerals, and ALL of the other "Life giving" constituents provided by Nature, for our and ALL life's sustenance! The more nutrients we have in our blood, the more life we have in our body's!

8. Melis Ann profile image97
    Melis Annposted 4 years ago

Depends on your diet so this should be considered on a case by case basis.

Personally, I take an omega 3 supplement (wild alaskan salmon sourced) and a vitamin D/calcium supplement (don't get enough exposure to create natural D from the sun). I eat an otherwise balanced diet so don't feel the need for a daily multivitamin.

I give my kids omega and D supplements. Since kids can be picky, I also like to give them a multivitamin periodically to fill in the blanks. HOWEVER, their multi is whole-foods based versus synthetic based and does not contain any artificial food dyes.

9. fitmom profile image91
    fitmomposted 4 years ago

I've taken vitamins for many years now. One thing to keep in mind is that if you take a vitamin, you need to take a quality one. There have been many studies that prove that most vitamins leave the body undigested. Not only are many of them not being absorbed into your body, but some of them can actually be harmful.

You should always be careful when taking supplements and trust the source.

thoughtdumpposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree! I sell the Nutrilite vitamin and had a customer tell me that she has seen her Centrum in her excrement before! She switched to our seed-to-supplement brand and loves it! Why would you want to waste your hard earned money on something if you haven't researched it?