jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Happiness By Zephaniah

1. dzephaniah profile image60
    dzephaniahposted 5 years ago

Following my post, Happiness by Zephaniah,  I really want to know if there are truly happy people out there. Please tell me about you.

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image59
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 5 years ago in reply to this

..i figure happiness is over-rated...

2. dzephaniah profile image60

I assure you that it is real. I know it.

3. dzephaniah profile image60

I guess there are not many happy people out there... Wow.

4. yoginijoy profile image80
    yoginijoyposted 5 years ago

Hi! I am happy! For me, I let go of being attached to results and just relax into each moment. I do experience stress occasionally and practice yoga and meditation to ease it. If you realize that the happiness is inside of you, no one and no experience can take it away. In the brief moments when one forgets, it is beneficial to have a mantra, a song, or someone who can remind you.

5. dzephaniah profile image60

I'm very happy that I have found you. There must be many unhappy people out there.

6. yoginijoy profile image80
    yoginijoyposted 5 years ago

I find that most people are nervous or unsure about being happy. We are taught to think negatively about ourselves in relation to others, perhaps b/c our culture (in the USA)is based on competition. Consequently, it takes many people their entire lives to let go of what others think. We are wrapped up in what is outside of us rather than what is inside. Would you agree?

1. dzephaniah profile image60
      dzephaniahposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I believe that this is an ultimately materialistic world that has forgotten the original values. People are brought up worshipping the money instead of the maker and are taught that it is the source of happiness. People are so wrapped up and brain washed in materialistic dream, that they totally ignore the reality. They don’t see what happens to the most rich and famous. They don’t see that most of the rich drown themselves in alcohol and drugs and how many of them fall of the sidelines.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 5 years ago in reply to this

But I do see it.
        And that (and other problems in the world) are why I can't definitely call myself "happy".  I see a lost and dying world that's in need of a Savior.  Yes, there is often Joy in the Lord.  But I don't call that "happiness" necessarily.
        ...Maybe I just think the two terms aren't synonymous---happy and joyful....

working