jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Home Health Aides and Lawyers are Most Sleep Deprived..

1. Stacie L profile image87
    Stacie Lposted 4 years ago

Newser) Who is getting the least sleep? The Economix blog at the New York Times takes note of a list from the National Health Interview Survey:

Most Sleep-Deprived
    6h57m    Home Health Aides
    7h    Lawyer
    7h1m    Police Officers
    7h2m    Physicians, Paramedics
    7h3m    Economists
    7h3m    Social Workers
    7h3m    Computer Programmers
    7h5m    Financial Analysts
    7h7m    Plant Operators
    7h8m    Secretaries

That's right, economists.  You'll also see the occupations that get the most sleep, led by ... forest loggers.

http://www.newser.com/story/140391/10-m … reers.html

well I'm neither and I'm very sleep deprived...I don't see any freelance writers on that list sad

1. Stacie L profile image87
      Stacie Lposted 4 years ago in reply to this

i know some webmasters and teachers that would debate these hours

2. Disturbia profile image60
    Disturbiaposted 4 years ago

It doesn't surprise me that lawyers can't sleep at night.

3. WriteAngled profile image89
    WriteAngledposted 4 years ago

There is only 15 minutes difference in the shortest time slept by the supposedly sleep-deprived and the longest time slept by the most rested.

They are all at around 7 hours. With the deadlines I have as a translator, I often work through the night and then grab 3 hours or so sleep before I have to start again. As a result, even when I do not have so much pressure, I rarely sleep more than 6 hours.

Fortunately, though, I only need to use an alarm clock on very rare occasions so I just let my body do what it wants. This means that when my body has had enough, I spend a night sleeping through solidly for 12 hours or even longer. It all seems to even out in the end.