jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)

Anybody know any good remedies for a sore throat?

1. luse profile image80
    luseposted 4 years ago

It would be great if they were doable in the office? With supplies typically found in an office.

1. 0
      kiasumamaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Try some chinese medicine, they are quite useful. If not, sleep early, drink more water and take some panadol.

2. Sue B. profile image89
      Sue B.posted 4 years ago in reply to this

taking honey and lemon together can sooth a throat.
      I've also used a throat coat tea before (usually in the organic/natural isle of the food store).  That you could keep in the office.
      There are always lozenges and sucking candy!

3. Dave Mathews profile image59
      Dave Mathewsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

"Stop Talking"

4. cloverleaffarm profile image82
      cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Slippery Elm! You can carry it with you in tablet form, or buy the herb bulk and make it into a tea. It coats and soothes all the way down. It's also great for heartburn!

5. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Salt water gargle: 1/4 - 1/2 tsp. of salt in an 8 oz. glass of warm water.

6. AEvans profile image73
      AEvansposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Lemon and Honey soothes the sore throat.

2. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image84
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 4 years ago

Instead of putting salt on your hamburger, put it in a glass with some warm water and gargle it.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 4 years ago in reply to this

this works for me

2. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I can't imagine putting a hamburger in a glass of water!

3. cathylynn99 profile image79
      cathylynn99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

the perfect dose of salt in warm water is 1/4 teaspoon salt in one cup of warm water.

3. urmilashukla23 profile image81
    urmilashukla23posted 4 years ago

Chop some garlic clove, keep it for 5 minutes and swallow it with 1 glass of water. Do this 3 times a day. You will feel better next day.
    Airborne also helps me in my sore throat.

4. yoginijoy profile image80
    yoginijoyposted 4 years ago

Gargle with vinegar. Swirl it around in your mouth, tilt your head back and get as much into the back of your throat as possible and gargle it.  This will take care of any germs you may have. Be careful not to breathe it in or choke on it.

5. nkrohini profile image60
    nkrohiniposted 4 years ago

Yes, I had posted a hub on this topic. The link to the hub is : http://nkrohini.hubpages.com/_1aec9rk3z … re-throat_

6. 74
    Robertr04posted 4 years ago

rainbo67 take 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 4 gloves of raw garlic. mashing the garlic up as fine as possible and mixing everything together should bring relief.

7. cloverleaffarm profile image82
    cloverleaffarmposted 4 years ago

Slippery Elm. It's all natural and it comes in lozenges or you can eat a pinch of powder. You can also drink slippery elm tea, with just a tad of honey. It tastes just like a maple candy.

8. Journey * profile image87
    Journey *posted 4 years ago

I agree with the idea of gargling salt water. Additionally, whenever I feel the very beginnings of a sore throat (just that first tickle in my throat) I take a couple of vitamin C supplements that day and in the days following. It helps a lot to ward it off.

9. 60
    deeachposted 4 years ago

Gargling with warm water, taking halls, enough vitamins, vicks vaporub to rub against your throat/neck area, vit C, breathing exercises, staying away from people who have cough/cold :-), using handsanitizer to get rid of germs, taking nutritious food/fruit, enough water etc. may help..

10. hinazille profile image85
    hinazilleposted 4 years ago

a teaspoon of Manuka honey (it is a type of honey reported to have advanced medicinal properties) with some lemon juice mixed in, three to four times a day will help soothe the throat.

additionally, it sounds yucky but adding half a teaspoon of butter to a cup of coffee also works wonders!

11. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Eucalyptus cough drops have always worked for me.

12. coffeegginmyrice profile image86
    coffeegginmyriceposted 4 years ago

Boil up a piece of fresh ginger, drink warm, not cold and drink it all the way.
    Or you may chop little pieces of ginger and chew its natural flavour. You will feel good after.

1. 60
      deeachposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, this is one of the good remedies.  Ymix pieces of fresh giner in a tablespoon of honey and take that.

2. 0
      AndriyRposted 4 years ago in reply to this

100% support ginger! I use it in a form of  a tea: 5 slices of ginger + a spoon of honey + a good slice of lemon.

13. WorkAtHomeMums profile image87
    WorkAtHomeMumsposted 4 years ago via iphone

Gargle disprin and swallow

14. ftclick profile image60
    ftclickposted 4 years ago

natural vitamin C (kiwi or Oranges), chili peppers, & lots of water to flush the bacteria out.

15. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 4 years ago

I like to use warm tea, not something very hot. You may be able to get some soothing cough drops.

16. lotuslove19 profile image11
    lotuslove19posted 4 years ago

For sour throat put a half tsp of alum powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder,mix well and apply it inside your throat ,or get Dabur's red powder manjan (http://www.missnot.com/media/catalog/pr … MANJAN.jpg)and apply the powder inside your throat ,it will completely cure your problem . you may gargal with warm water to which add 1/2 tsp of salt and alum powder 1/2 tsp

17. artist101 profile image81
    artist101posted 4 years ago

For a sore throat, I use zinc lozenges. 1 lozenge every 3-4 hours. Very effective.