As a disabled person have you every been dicriminated against? Describ

1. DisabledHeart profile image61
    DisabledHeartposted 4 years ago

I have had people run so far in front of me so they would not have to hold the door for me. I was at the mall and a group of kids were making fun of this mentally disabled boy. They kept hassling him. All he wanted was to get a Subway sandwich.I said excuse me just leave him alone. You should be ashamed if your parents knew about this they would be disgraced. I chased them away and consoled the boy. I told him do not let that effect you they do not know how special you are. And he smiled. Have you every experienced that.

2. 0
    The Writers Dogposted 4 years ago

I suffer from an incurable genetic condition diagnosed in one in forty thousand Australians. As a result, I presently have two inoperable tumours on the nerves that control facial movement. I also suffer from sudden loss of the use of my right arm. The condition is also costing me my hearing.

I have been discriminated against by Centrelink (Australia's Social Security) who do not consider my condition serious enough to give me a disability pension despite the fact I cannot work because of it.

The National Hearing Centre (Government run) agree with two private audiologists that my hearing loss is such that I require hearing aids in both ears. They then told me that I am not deaf enough for financial assistance to buy the $7,000AU aids that I cannot afford on unemployment.