jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

What are some good recipes for people with Crohns Disease?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

I'm one of those people that have crohns that can't eat any fiber. Can you share some good recipes? How do you get the vitamins from fruits and vegetables?

1. recommend1 profile image71
      recommend1posted 4 years ago in reply to this

My relation has this and successfully identified Lactose as the main issue (which is well known I think) for diet they spent ages identifying the 'other' names that lactose comes under and the foods where it is modified in some way to make it something apparently different.

Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have problems with milk products also.

2. Jhon Alvin profile image59
      Jhon Alvinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Deleted

3. Aficionada profile image91
      Aficionadaposted 4 years ago

Barbara Kay, this looks like a great question for the Q&A section, and it could be the basis of a Hub for the Know-It-All Contest.  Maybe you could post it there?

1. 72
        Robertr04posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Who or where did you get the idea that you can't eat any fiber?

Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It is because I have a lot of scar tissue. If I eat high fiber foods I throw them up, because it won't go through or I have cramps so bad I can't stand it. I've had surgery once for this, but they like to hold off as long as they can, so you don't end up having so many surgeries.

1. 72
            Robertr04posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Barb. There is a combination herb called C.C.E.-W.it cleans the blood, bowel, nerves and repairs them. We have used it with great success in repairing the bowel. It can be used internally or externally. It's one of the best cleaning and corrective combinations around. It consists of Aloe, Angelica, Camphor, Carline Thistle, Manna, Myrrh, Rhubarb Root, Saffron, Senna, Theriac, Zedoary. As far as milk is concerned, try almond milk and if you like I can even give you a recipe to make your own. A great way to get your nutrition from fruits are smoothies. With veg. try a green drink. This is 3 green veg. about a small handfull with 1pt steamed distilled water, throw this in a blender for about 2 min. make fresh daily. Organic produce always. If you like raw, it would be in your best interest to learn how to make some raw dishes. Mock salmon and greens happen to be one of my favorites and they hold up about 3 days in the frig. If you prefer to cook them never over 130 degrees. After that they lose their nutritional value.  I suggest leaving animal and animal products(dairy) alone.

working